Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by joey82:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
so Mad you think we should draft Dez bryant if hes available simply because hes the best WR in the draft?

Yes, yes, yes. A million times yes. The kid is a serious baller, and the best WR prospect in the draft since Calvin Johnson.

The Niners can use that second first rounder on a RT.

So you grade Dez above Crabtree? What in particular makes you think he is better?

I know he is bigger and probably jumps better but I figured Crabtrees route running and hands were better.

I think he's more of an explosive player. He runs angry, just like T.O., and that type of player usually succeeds in the NFL.

As I mentioned earlier I do think Bryant will be a good player in this league and maybe even great. However, I just dont see how the Niners can take a WR in back to back years when they have such glaring holes at OT, OG, OLB, CB, FS, and perhaps NT if Franklin leaves.

Matt Millen became the laughing stock in the league by drafting 3 WRs at the top of the draft. Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, and CJ were all considered cant miss prospects by most. The thing is... Millen ignored the rest of the teams holes and went for the big name guys and we see where that left the Lions. Their defense sucked, their OL was attrocious, and they became the worst team in football.

The Niners need to learn from Detroits mistake and address the real needs of the team. Bryant will be tempting but they need to avoid that temptation and get impact players on defense and someone who can keep our QB upright.

The team has that second first rounder, so it allows a luxury pick early on. In addition, I just don't see enough from either Morgan, Jones or Hill to be satisfied that our starting WR pair is good enough in the NFL.

I disagree that we do have that luxury. I would much prefer we get 2 OL (ot and og), a premier pass rusher, and a playmaking defensive back. After we fill those positions we can worry about another offensive skill player. Bryant is the sexy pick - just not the right one.

I am with you on this NinerJohn.. We have a screaming need to improve our OL and to a lesser extent our pass rush. I sure hope that is the thinking in the war room when our turns come up.I know that Scott likes to stack his board and all that but I just don't see how we could draft a guy like Bryant and again ignore our OL, after taking Crabtree the previous year and ignoring our OL.

A solid OL will make an average QB look good even with average receivers. I think the receivers we have will do just fine with improved QB play which starts up front with a solid OL.

I would be fine doing what the Jets did a couple of years ago when they drafted Ferguson and Mangold in the first round.

You have to look at the value of each player as well. We don't want to reach for an OT graded in the mid 20's and take him at 13 for instance. If we get better value for a lux pick then we take it.

I agree, a luxury pick is way better than a reach to fill a need pick. Hopefully, need and value will intersect when our turns come up.

Agree
  • altiusdirectory
  • Info N/A
Hi,
This Blog is very nice, I want share on Veterans Day 2010 related information
For more details visit “altiusdirectory.com”. Below URL may be useful to you.
http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Society/veterans-day.php
Originally posted by altiusdirectory:
Hi,

Whoa.
Hi,

Originally posted by valrod33:
Hi,