LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Dexter McCluster

I'd be much more inclined to trade back with one first rounder, and package together some picks to end up with 3 relatively high 2nd rounders (ala the Patriots)... use one on RB (Jahvid Best), one on CB (McCourty, Robinson, Awusu-Ansah), and an OL (Veldeheer, Asomoah, etc.)
I was on the bandwagon until he ran the 4.58
I think he is going to be electric, but he will fall to at least the third round. He won't be capable of being an every down back in the NFL and teams won't spent a first or second rounder on a STer who gets in a few plays from scrimmage. That said, I would love to have him on the team.
wow for a third round pick he would be an absolute steal. espn thinks hes a first rounder

you could get

anthony davis, brandon graham, jon asomoah, and mccluster in the first three rounds thats amazing
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by cwilson830:

We didn't want you on the bandwagon to begin with.

This is a classic case of game day speed not equating in the combine.

For people who watched enough McCluster games last season - we all know that 4.58 doesn't mean s**t!

Dude runs with heart, he'll run it up the gut - he'll lower his shoulder and isn't afraid of contact.

He can carry the rock, has great hands to catch, and can return punts and or kicks.

If the 9ers want to keep adding SPEED AND TALENT to this roster and help Alex Smith ... DRAFT DEXTER.
I love Dexter but too early at #49 imo.

We either trade down from that pick and take him or hope he falls to our 3rd rounder. The latter could be a mistake.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
As a 3rd hell yeah, a 2nd im not nearly as keen
Rather have Best in the 2nd, if he is not there then McCluster in the 3rd. For a back up change of pace back they should have good draft value when Gore is your starting RB.
Looks like a Darren Sproles clone. Sign me up!
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
Originally posted by cwilson830:

We didn't want you on the bandwagon to begin with.

bad day? sounds like you need a hug!

He'd be a steal in the 3rd, but a stretch at 49. If only he could run the 40 just .15 faster.....

Share 49ersWebzone