There are 302 users in the forums

Dexter McCluster

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by titan:
We already missed on Desean Jackson so heres our next chance! I've been telling my friends about him for a while.

DeSean was a pure receiver and a sensational kick returner. He's 5-10 175.

McCluster is a RB/WR Hybrid who is much smaller at 5-7 168 who has never been a full-time kick returner in his career. McCluster will not be drafted by the 49ers because he doesn't fit what we're looking for or need.

DeSean weighed 169 at the combine. He's put on the extra weight since then--McCluster could do the same thing.

I tend to agree though. I don't think McCluster is the type of player that the 49ers want.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by titan:
We already missed on Desean Jackson so heres our next chance! I've been telling my friends about him for a while.

DeSean was a pure receiver and a sensational kick returner. He's 5-10 175.

McCluster is a RB/WR Hybrid who is much smaller at 5-7 168 who has never been a full-time kick returner in his career. McCluster will not be drafted by the 49ers because he doesn't fit what we're looking for or need.

Scot is all about measurables, as he has demonstrated time after time. Dexter is fast and shifty, but I don't feel he would be anything more than a utility player. We do not have the talent currently on our roster to allow for the use of a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a luxury pick.

If we want a player that better fits our system, we should target Shipley, Ford, or Marcus Easley. Fast, quick, versatile guys who can block too.

Scotty is that you? Just to let you know Scotty that playmakers aren't luxury picks. They are playmakers. Which means they make plays the help you WIN games. Come on OTC I know you are much smarter than this.

[ Edited by 49wyztoscore on Jan 30, 2010 at 4:22 PM ]
Speaking of, friend of mine met McCluster yesterday at the Senior Bowl. He said he was an awesome guy to be around. Said he was very nice.
McCluster certainly didn't look like a powerhouse in the return game. Of course this is the Sr. Bowl and the guys haven't worked on special teams together but a week. At 165lb soaking wet, I dont think there is a chance in the world the 9ers draft him. Besides even if we did, it would be a waist, our OC has very little imagination.

A guy that look impressive to me was number 10 (Williams?). Mayock has him as his 2nd highest rated RB. He is a big kid at 220lb and looked quick. Now that is the type of back we need to play some smash mouth football.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM ]
  • LilAzn9er
  • Info N/A
Dunno about you guys but he looks exactly like Lil'Wayne.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
McCluster certainly didn't look like a powerhouse in the return game. Of course this is the Sr. Bowl and the guys haven't worked on special teams together but a week. At 165lb soaking wet, I dont think there is a chance in the world the 9ers draft him. Besides even if we did, it would be a waist, our OC has very little imagination.

A guy that look impressive to me was number 10 (Williams?). Mayock has him as his 2nd highest rated RB. He is a big kid at 220lb and looked quick. Now that is the type of back we need to play some smash mouth football.

Don't we have enough smash mouth backs? Do we really need 3 rbs who don't have finishing speed?
Disappointing 40 time. Plays much much faster than that. His 20yd shuffle is more accurate IMO. At least that guarantees him to us in the second.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I want this guy in the 2nd.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Looked like Sing learned his lesson by half time of the Houston game last yr. Smash mouth -OUT, Spread, shot gun [A. Smith]--IN.With the off season to develop the offense the players are asking for Spiller would be the preferred weapon.
that Dexter McCluster would be AMAZING in the 2nd round, but hes movin up the boards quick and is now projected to go in the first round. This interview hes having with Trey Wingo shows that hes got his head on straight and sees like the perfect guy for Singletary. Plus i heard hes PWillys boy

I want this guy on the team! Would bring the change of pace back we have lacked! A True playmaker!
I don't see us signing McCluster or any slash guy in the 2nd unless they happen to be a really good CB as well. We just don't need to use that high of a pick on a guy like McCluster when we now have Ginn.
Originally posted by Niners23:
I don't see us signing McCluster or any slash guy in the 2nd unless they happen to be a really good CB as well. We just don't need to use that high of a pick on a guy like McCluster when we now have Ginn.

3rd round pick wouldn't be bad!

Having too many playmakers is never a bad thing my son
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

3rd round pick wouldn't be bad!

Might not make it to the 3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone