There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dexter McCluster

i would love to get him but not sure how high of a pick would want to spend
He would be a great guy if we could get him in mid rounds.

[ Edited by tohara3 on Nov 16, 2009 at 19:24:13 ]
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
We don't need WRs and we don't need RBs.

We need to focus on what actually makes a team good: OL and DL

This
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I had the same thought earlier this year after watching him. He's since moved up eveyone's board as you all have noted.

After a little thought, and a switch to the BPA way of thinking - I still wouldn't mind using one of our first rounders on him - or Spiller, Best, Demps, Haden, Cox or someone with homerun capabilities. We haven't drafted that type of guy in a long time.
Originally posted by kstolai:

This

That's a ridiculous statement. That's like saying because we need one position we can't use the help at the rest of them.

Our recievers aren't exactly dominant 5 deep or anything like that. We still don't know how well Coffee will play as Frank's backup. I would say we can use depth at both positions...and certainly we can use a good return guy.
I wouldn't mind getting him a in the 4th round or later.
Originally posted by genus49:

This

That's a ridiculous statement. That's like saying because we need one position we can't use the help at the rest of them.

Our recievers aren't exactly dominant 5 deep or anything like that. We still don't know how well Coffee will play as Frank's backup. I would say we can use depth at both positions...and certainly we can use a good return guy.

Well, yes we could use him. But people here are saying that he may well go in the first round. Now, I want a breakout return guy but not at that cost. And I think that is what the poster you were quoting was saying. We have a bunch of needs for our early picks like OT, OG, pass rush, safety (or corner if they move Nate).

So unless this guy is likely to drop to around the 3rd or 4th round, I just can't see it. I believe in BPA, but there are times when your needs are just so stark that it has to be BPA out of a limited range of positions
Originally posted by English:

This

Well, yes we could use him. But people here are saying that he may well go in the first round. Now, I want a breakout return guy but not at that cost. And I think that is what the poster you were quoting was saying. We have a bunch of needs for our early picks like OT, OG, pass rush, safety (or corner if they move Nate).

So unless this guy is likely to drop to around the 3rd or 4th round, I just can't see it. I believe in BPA, but there are times when your needs are just so stark that it has to be BPA out of a limited range of positions

Well people who are saying he'll go in the first round are crazy. He's tiny. There is no way in hell any team grabs him in the first round. I'd be very surprised if he even goes in the 2nd.
Originally posted by jreff22:

By that theory we would go into next year with only 4 WR's on the roster and no true KR/PR

Zeigler FTW!!!
Ole Miss lists him around 180 lbs .I think 165 is more like it but I do think hell go around the 4th rd based on size and the fact that he has been used as RB when they need him to.Heck if they think they can win they may not even line him up at RB but 5 or 6 times, using him as reciever or wild cat.

This

Well people who are saying he'll go in the first round are crazy. He's tiny. There is no way in hell any team grabs him in the first round. I'd be very surprised if he even goes in the 2nd.

He´s not going in the first round, although he is tiny as you say, the smaller players have been doing well in the NFL and with so many teams running the wildcat he might be grabbed earlier than you might think. He also beat Berry in the game against Tennessee so that is a recommendation. He has had some problems with shoulder injurys so that could plummet his current rising stock.

This

Agreed. I see him as a 3rd or 4th rounder.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
McCluster looks like a 2nd round pick by now. If he would be available in the 2nd round i´d take him. I just knew it before today that he would play well.

He's a 1st rounder that why we are not going to get him!

I don't interesting about McCluster this! he look ok because he don't have talent that power to play football! I don't want McMcluster to the 49ers!
Originally posted by Pogity:
I had the same thought earlier this year after watching him. He's since moved up eveyone's board as you all have noted.

After a little thought, and a switch to the BPA way of thinking - I still wouldn't mind using one of our first rounders on him - or Spiller, Best, Demps, Haden, Cox or someone with homerun capabilities. We haven't drafted that type of guy in a long time.

Agree

It's not that simple.

Cleveland has a pretty good Oline. How are they doing?

New England can stick anyone in their Oline and they don't miss a beat. We've got Sims at LT and it hasn't been very harmful for us.

Sure, we need some help on the Oline, but it's not like teams are going to defer blitzing because they're afraid Morgan is going to beat their CB in man coverage. We don't have many playmakers on the team and you can't just pass them up because you need a RT or an OG.