There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010 NFL Draft Projections- Picks 1-15: October 27

Courtesy of the Great Blue North Draft, who gave the draft order, the Niners are currently on the clock for the 11th and 15th overall picks. The good news is that the Panthers have a murderers row of games coming up, which should push their selection back up the board. The bad news is that the worst six teams are so bad that they may never drift further up the board than number 7. We will see.

The numbers on the end is winning percentage of opponents. The lower the winning percentage, the higher the draft selection.

Here is the projection I see for the draft at this point.

1 St. Louis 0-7 .535
Jake Locker- I'll stick with the guy with the strongest arm and biggest upside to go first overall, to revamp this terrible offense.
2 Tampa Bay 0-7 .584
Ndamukong Suh- The Bucs have to rebuild, and Suh has been dominant this year. Could provide the best interior defender on the team since Warren Sapp.
3 Tennessee 0-6 .553
Sam Bradford- So many variables for Bradford. Will his surgery go well, and when will he return to throwing the ball. Will he be able to work out for scouts early enough before the draft for a proper evaluation.
4 Kansas City 1-6 .548
Eric Berry- The team has a billion needs, and Berry is simply too good to slide much further. A real difference maker from Day One, which they desperately need.
5 Cleveland 1-6 .558
Jimmy Clausen- Brady Quinn is going out the door, and Derek Anderson is currently ranked 35th in the NFL. Enter the newest kid from Notre Dame.
6 Detroit 1-5 .553
Gerald McCoy- The Lions need a stellar defender up the middle, and McCoy provides explosiveness.
7 Washington 2-5 .500
Russell Okung- The first OT off the board, and a good pick for a team that is going to probably lose Chris Samuels for good.
8 Oakland 2-5 .543
Taylor Mays- Al Davis loves speed, and guys who hit. Mays gives his team both, and in the end, his decision is the only one that matters.
9 Seattle 2-4 .446
Dez Bryant- The Seahawks do have other needs, but witness the Niners come to life with Crabtree. To match the Niners in this area, the team picks up this year's stud WR, in Bryant.
10 Miami 2-4 .543
Ricky Sapp- Just taking a hunch that Sapp runs a blazing forty time, looks ultra athletic, and the Dolphins look for a long-term replacement to the Porter-Taylor OLB combo.
11 San Francisco (from Carolina) 2-4 .567
Charles Brown- As predicted a few weeks ago, the USC LT is beginning to blaze up the board. Both writers for NFL Draft Scout now have him in the first round. He's just a super athletic kid, with lots of room to grow.
12 Buffalo 3-4 .471
Trent Williams- The Bills need help at OT, and Williams is a good prospect who can come in to keep Trent Edwards upright and alive.
13 Jacksonville 3-3 .433
Carlos Dunlap- Nobody knows what his position will be at the next level, but he can start from Day One as the LDE for the Jags, and move inside on passing downs.
14 San Diego 3-3 .467
Arthur Jones- The team needs to rebuild its DL, which is struggling against the run in 2009. Jones takes over at LDE.
15 San Francisco 3-3 .470
CJ Spiller- The Niners' second first rounder is a luxury pick, and this is quite a luxury. Spiller provides world class speed, a third down back, a punt and kickoff return specialist (which may be the team's biggest need going into 2010), and an explosive receiver in the flats. People scoffed when Chris Johnson was drafted out of East Carolina by the Titans. The same for Darren Sproles, Maurice Jones-Drew. Nobody laughs anymore. Speed kills. This team will be explosive with Crabtree, Spiller, Davis, Gore, Morgan.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM ]
So I guess Staley flips over to the right side? He's not much of a run blocker.

I'm on the fence about Spiller because of our OL issues, which I don't think can be fixed through FA. If we never fix the OL, we won't get to run enough plays to warrant cutting into touches for Gore, Crabs, VD.
No way Seattle goes WR. They already have a ton invested into Housh, Burleson, and Branch. Not to mention Carlson as well. They need the same thing we do, OL or something on defense.
[ Edited by znk916 on Oct 27, 2009 at 5:52 PM ]
Originally posted by znk916:
So I guess Staley flips over to the right side? He's not much of a run blocker.

I'm on the fence about Spiller because of our OL issues, which I don't think can be fixed through FA. If we never fix the OL, we won't get to run enough plays to warrant cutting into touches for Gore, Crabs, VD.

Staley doesn't HAVE to flip back over to the right side. There's certainly nothing wrong with having two equally good pass blocking tackles.
I honestly can't see the Niners picking up Spiller if they're sitting at 15. I think the Niners have tried to target every down players with their 1st rounders, and I don't think Spiller would necessarily fit that bill. I would have to think they'd target BPA, such as a pass rusher like Hughes or a corner like Haden.

Also, Bradford would likely be the last of those 3 QBs taken, having played in a spread offense with a ton of talent around him, relative inexperience, and coming off serious surgery.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by znk916:
So I guess Staley flips over to the right side? He's not much of a run blocker.

I'm on the fence about Spiller because of our OL issues, which I don't think can be fixed through FA. If we never fix the OL, we won't get to run enough plays to warrant cutting into touches for Gore, Crabs, VD.

Staley doesn't HAVE to flip back over to the right side. There's certainly nothing wrong with having two equally good pass blocking tackles.



yeah but i wouldn't want to spend a pick that high on a RT. i'd rather use our pick for that position.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by znk916:
So I guess Staley flips over to the right side? He's not much of a run blocker.

I'm on the fence about Spiller because of our OL issues, which I don't think can be fixed through FA. If we never fix the OL, we won't get to run enough plays to warrant cutting into touches for Gore, Crabs, VD.

Staley doesn't HAVE to flip back over to the right side. There's certainly nothing wrong with having two equally good pass blocking tackles.



yeah but i wouldn't want to spend a pick that high on a RT. i'd rather use our pick for that position.

k
Originally posted by znk916:
No way Seattle goes WR. They already have a ton invested into Housh, Burleson, and Branch. Not to mention Carlson as well. They need the same thing we do, OL or something on defense.

Seattle will cut Branch after this season.. I could see them taking Bryant, but they have other needs as well, specifically OL, Safeties, DL and maybe even QB.. I could also see them trying to manuever to get Locker, if he comes out.
whats the word on Charles Brown how good of a runblocker and pass blocker is he i like the spiller pick but i doubt the niners would pick him i think theyll go with a passrusher with that pick
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,144
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by znk916:
No way Seattle goes WR. They already have a ton invested into Housh, Burleson, and Branch. Not to mention Carlson as well. They need the same thing we do, OL or something on defense.

Seattle will cut Branch after this season.. I could see them taking Bryant, but they have other needs as well, specifically OL, Safeties, DL and maybe even QB.. I could also see them trying to manuever to get Locker, if he comes out.

With Jim Mora as the HC, I could see them focusing more on defensive prospects early in the draft.
sorry to disagree MD, but no way Bradford goes that high, even if healthy, i wouldnt touch him.
the more and more i think about it the more i want spiller on this team.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
sorry to disagree MD, but no way Bradford goes that high, even if healthy, i wouldnt touch him.

everyone flipping out about bradford is out of their minds.

He will certainly be drafted that high in my mind. If his surgery goes well then teams will be just fine with him. He would have gone that high last year and he still remains one of the top prospects at QB. People always overreact about draft status midseason like this.

Why exactly wouldn't you touch him if he was healthy?
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Oct 27, 2009 at 7:13 PM ]
I would rather have Jerry Hughes & CJ Spiller.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Courtesy of the Great Blue North Draft, who gave the draft order, the Niners are currently on the clock for the 11th and 15th overall picks. The good news is that the Panthers have a murderers row of games coming up, which should push their selection back up the board. The bad news is that the worst six teams are so bad that they may never drift further up the board than number 7. We will see.

The numbers on the end is winning percentage of opponents. The lower the winning percentage, the higher the draft selection.

Here is the projection I see for the draft at this point.

1 St. Louis 0-7 .535
Jake Locker- I'll stick with the guy with the strongest arm and biggest upside to go first overall, to revamp this terrible offense.
2 Tampa Bay 0-7 .584
Ndamukong Suh- The Bucs have to rebuild, and Suh has been dominant this year. Could provide the best interior defender on the team since Warren Sapp.
3 Tennessee 0-6 .553
Sam Bradford- So many variables for Bradford. Will his surgery go well, and when will he return to throwing the ball. Will he be able to work out for scouts early enough before the draft for a proper evaluation.
4 Kansas City 1-6 .548
Eric Berry- The team has a billion needs, and Berry is simply too good to slide much further. A real difference maker from Day One, which they desperately need.
5 Cleveland 1-6 .558
Jimmy Clausen- Brady Quinn is going out the door, and Derek Anderson is currently ranked 35th in the NFL. Enter the newest kid from Notre Dame.
6 Detroit 1-5 .553
Gerald McCoy- The Lions need a stellar defender up the middle, and McCoy provides explosiveness.
7 Washington 2-5 .500
Russell Okung- The first OT off the board, and a good pick for a team that is going to probably lose Chris Samuels for good.
8 Oakland 2-5 .543
Taylor Mays- Al Davis loves speed, and guys who hit. Mays gives his team both, and in the end, his decision is the only one that matters.
9 Seattle 2-4 .446
Dez Bryant- The Seahawks do have other needs, but witness the Niners come to life with Crabtree. To match the Niners in this area, the team picks up this year's stud WR, in Bryant.
10 Miami 2-4 .543
Ricky Sapp- Just taking a hunch that Sapp runs a blazing forty time, looks ultra athletic, and the Dolphins look for a long-term replacement to the Porter-Taylor OLB combo.
11 San Francisco (from Carolina) 2-4 .567
Charles Brown- As predicted a few weeks ago, the USC LT is beginning to blaze up the board. Both writers for NFL Draft Scout now have him in the first round. He's just a super athletic kid, with lots of room to grow.
12 Buffalo 3-4 .471
Trent Williams- The Bills need help at OT, and Williams is a good prospect who can come in to keep Trent Edwards upright and alive.
13 Jacksonville 3-3 .433
Carlos Dunlap- Nobody knows what his position will be at the next level, but he can start from Day One as the LDE for the Jags, and move inside on passing downs.
14 San Diego 3-3 .467
Arthur Jones- The team needs to rebuild its DL, which is struggling against the run in 2009. Jones takes over at LDE.
15 San Francisco 3-3 .470
CJ Spiller- The Niners' second first rounder is a luxury pick, and this is quite a luxury. Spiller provides world class speed, a third down back, a punt and kickoff return specialist (which may be the team's biggest need going into 2010), and an explosive receiver in the flats. People scoffed when Chris Johnson was drafted out of East Carolina by the Titans. The same for Darren Sproles, Maurice Jones-Drew. Nobody laughs anymore. Speed kills. This team will be explosive with Crabtree, Spiller, Davis, Gore, Morgan.


MD, you must be assuming Smith is the answer, because if not, I believe we will do all we can to trade up and pick one of the top 6 QBs.