There are 136 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree, Dez Bryant, or Julio Jones?

Michael Crabtree, Dez Bryant, or Julio Jones?

Crabtree has yet to play a snap in the NFL...

Including the 2009 draft, it appears as the best three WR's coming out of college are / were Michael Crabtree, Dez Bryant, and Julio Jones.

Although the Crabtree saga is now over, in the 49ers offensive system (if you even consider them having one), which player would you rather have on the 49ers?

Also what are your thoughts on Julio Jones as a NFL player?

I'm leaving out Calvin Johnson (2007) & DeSean Jackson (2008) as I think we already know the type of NFL player they are.
julio jones is barely a sophmores

Originally posted by babyshaq90:

And he will be the first reciever off the board. That kid is a beast
I like AJ Green more than Bryant or Jones, but that might just be because I've seen Green play the most. He's a monster though.
Im not sure what the point of this poll is?

None of those guys have played a snap in the NFL....two of them haven't even been drafted yet.

What next a poll on who will make the best QB out of the highschool juniors?
Originally posted by genus49:

None of those guys have played a snap in the NFL....two of them haven't even been drafted yet.

Less than 2 weeks ago this board was ready to trade Crabs and move on to drafting another WR in 2010 or later.

The point of this poll is to discuss the prospects of each of those players in the NFL and hypothetically how each one would pan out as a 49er.

Last time I checked this forum was designed to discuss players NOT yet playng in the NFL...but I guess some can't realize that.
I like Julio Jones! If get a chance to get him...it's a don't deal.
Originally posted by bergy07:
Originally posted by genus49:

Less than 2 weeks ago this board was ready to trade Crabs and move on to drafting another WR in 2010 or later.

The point of this poll is to discuss the prospects of each of those players in the NFL and hypothetically how each one would pan out as a 49er.

Last time I checked this forum was designed to discuss players NOT yet playng in the NFL...but I guess some can't realize that.

That's fine I guess I misread the poll so I apologize for sounding like a jackass.

I think Jones has the most explosiveness out of the 3 but Crabtree imo has the ability to be the most solid receiver in this offense. He doesn't have the quickness but does a good job separating and catching the ball. I would gladly take any of the 3.

Having said that...I'm certainly glad we got Crabtree when we did. I would hate for us to draft Bryant this year and I sure as hell hope we wouldn't be in position to draft Jones in 2011...so I'm happy with Crabtree and I never wanted to trade the guy.
Originally posted by nipplehead:
I like AJ Green more than Bryant or Jones, but that might just be because I've seen Green play the most. He's a monster though.

this. plus A.J plays in the best conf. SEC where def's are bar none
Originally posted by RedAndGoldArmy:
I like Julio Jones! If get a chance to get him...it's a don't deal.

This is easy who is the only 2× Biletnikoff Award winner (2007, 2008)?

Michael Crabtree!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
As a deep threat I'll take Julio. As a possession reciever I'll take Crabtree.
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Originally posted by babyshaq90:

And he will be the first reciever off the board. That kid is a beast

Have you watched him? The kid has as much raw talent as any WR, but he doesn't make an impact. He is vastly overrated right now. AJ Green is a much better WR right now.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Julio doesn't have much of a Qb throwing to him though.
I dont get the point of this
Share 49ersWebzone