There are 249 users in the forums

Jake Locker

Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
he f**kin sucks i dunno why people are on his nuts he aint that good!!
Great move on his part!!
"bigger stronger, right handed STEVE YOUNG"

-Mort on what scouts are saying

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Great move on his part!!

It certainly is as far as his development as a player. No question. I just think its a bad decision if he was going to be a top 5 player selected especially given the uncertainty of the CBA.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Why is this guy getting so much hype? I remember being impressed during his freshman year, but over the course of his career he's seemed mediocre at best.
This guy has got some great physical tools, but he could benefit from another year of training with Sarkisian. It is good to hear that he will opt to stay in college instead of making the money grab in the pros, for now.
Too bad. Now the Rams probably won't take a QB and take Suh ot Okung instead.
Eff, we need as many good players pushed down to us as possible.
it's the right thing to do but it may not be the smartest.
Sorry, but I think Locker made the right decision. Refine his game even further, become a sure-fire top 10 pick next year AND be bettered prepared for the NFL. I don't think he was quite ready yet, to be very honest.

Locker made a good decision. I don't think he's all about the money, obviously.

I like Jake as a player, and as many have said this year, he sure does remind me quite a bit of a young Steve Young.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by valrod33:
good for him

bad for us. he would have gone to one of the top teams thus we would've gotten someone they might now take in j. locker's place.

This. If you are top 10 you should leave for sure.
This sucks.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Sorry, but I think Locker made the right decision. Refine his game even further, become a sure-fire top 10 pick next year AND be bettered prepared for the NFL. I don't think he was quite ready yet, to be very honest.

Locker made a good decision. I don't think he's all about the money, obviously.

I like Jake as a player, and as many have said this year, he sure does remind me quite a bit of a young Steve Young.

plus, he doesnt have to play for the rams now
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Great move on his part!!

It certainly is as far as his development as a player. No question. I just think its a bad decision if he was going to be a top 5 player selected especially given the uncertainty of the CBA.

I have been saying for about 2 months in various threads that I thought he would return for his senior season. Another year under Sarkisian will improve his fundementals which, until this year year were suspect. Unless he gets injured he will be the undisputed top rated QB in the 2011 draft and likely #1 overall pick. This will also all but guarantee that Nick Montana will be redshirted next year at UW.
  • fryet
  • Veteran

I have been saying for about 2 months in various threads that I thought he would return for his senior season. Another year under Sarkisian will improve his fundementals which, until this year year were suspect. Unless he gets injured he will be the undisputed top rated QB in the 2011 draft and likely #1 overall pick. This will also all but guarantee that Nick Montana will be redshirted next year at UW.

I remember Leinart being viewed as the best QB the year Alex Smith was drafted. Next year, he went 10th. Bradford was supposed to be a lock for this year, and now he would be happy to be drafted in the top 10.

From a money perspective, you are better off entering the NFL whenever you are a likely top-5 pick. There are too many ways for you to lose that top 5 status in your senior year.
Share 49ersWebzone