LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Ndamukong Suh

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He plays nose tackle in a 34 right now.

He plays nose tackle in a 34 right now... in college. He barely weighs 300 pounds which is not nearly enough to play nose tackle in the NFL unless you have great technique and physical tools. He will be a 4-3 DT or a DE in a 3-4.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He plays nose tackle in a 34 right now.

He plays nose tackle in a 34 right now... in college. He barely weighs 300 pounds which is not nearly enough to play nose tackle in the NFL unless you have great technique and physical tools. He will be a 4-3 DT or a DE in a 3-4.

He's in a 43 set (or 4 DL nickel set) in all his highlights and both Huskers.com & Rivals.com lists only 43 depth charts for Nebraska.

Suh just made an incredible interception. Just great play recognition.
do we really need a NT? I read an article today from one of the matt's where manusky says Franklin is playing like one of the best nose tackles in the game
I watched part of the game tonight and he didn't seem to get great push on the QB. That may be because the game was being played in a hurricane. I noticed that he dropped into coverage a few times which is pretty unusual for a DT so he is obviously pretty athletic for a big ugly.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The fact is that he could develop into a starting NT, but he's more of a better fit as a 3-4 DE. If McCloughan believes he'd be an upgrade to Sopoaga, Balmer, and McDonald, then I'd say draft him.
He is no way an NFL 3-4 NT. Definitely a DE.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Our NT will come via through free agency.

Do you have a player in mind?
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I watched part of the game tonight and he didn't seem to get great push on the QB. That may be because the game was being played in a hurricane. I noticed that he dropped into coverage a few times which is pretty unusual for a DT so he is obviously pretty athletic for a big ugly.

To me, its really hard for a defensive lineman to look good vs the spread offense (which is partly why I'm not a big fan of college football), because QBs make quick reads and get rid of the ball quickly. Plus, they only run a draw play out of the shotgun.

But yesterday, I thought he displayed the athleticism to dominate as 3-4 DE. Kiper has him ranked as top 3 prospect behind Bradford and Berry.

I don't think I would want Suh to play NT. He has way too much playmaking ability to just take up blockers. It would be nice if Balmer developed into an NT but it looks like he'll be a DE.
That was a great interception he made last nite.

That dude is a beast!!!
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
He looks like he wears growth hormone as a cologne.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
WE dont have a chance at landing him. The Titans will have a top five pick and take him to try and replace A Haynesworth.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
That dude is a beast!!!

suh is a beast huh? serious? how do u know?
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
That dude is a beast!!!

suh is a beast huh? serious? how do u know?

Share 49ersWebzone