There are 278 users in the forums

Thursday Night Prospect Watch: #4 Mississippi vs. South Carolina

Yeah, Norwood was really impressive. Everytime I see a game with Hardy he is nursing an injury. Snead came up with another lame performance. Powe #57 for Ole Miss is a guy to keep an eye on. He is a junior, and at 6'2 340lbs, could be somebody that would fit in at Nose in our 3-4.
Originally posted by strickac:
Hopefully, all this Snead hype will die down. He's got a strong arm, but until his accuracy improves, I don't think he can seriously be considered a top QB prospect.

I'd take an accurate arm over a strong arm any day of the week and that's what we have in Hill.

Snead, IMO, will be a great guy to draft and let sit for a few seasons until he develops. That said, I don't think you spend a 1st on someone you plan to develop for a few years.

I know it's still early in the season, but the two times I've seen him play this season, he's looked pretty bad.

I'll throw this out there right now -- I honestly believe Tim Tebow is a better QB than Snead. If you've actually watched Tebow over the course of career, the kid isn't just a tuck-and-run guy. He can throw.

A guy I hope to see develop into something great is Jake Locker. His coaches compare him to Steve Young when talking about what this young man could grow into. Locker has a lot of talent, it just needs to be harvested.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hopefully, all this Snead hype will die down. He's got a strong arm, but until his accuracy improves, I don't think he can seriously be considered a top QB prospect.

I'd take an accurate arm over a strong arm any day of the week and that's what we have in Hill.

Snead, IMO, will be a great guy to draft and let sit for a few seasons until he develops. That said, I don't think you spend a 1st on someone you plan to develop for a few years.

I know it's still early in the season, but the two times I've seen him play this season, he's looked pretty bad.

I'll throw this out there right now -- I honestly believe Tim Tebow is a better QB than Snead. If you've actually watched Tebow over the course of career, the kid isn't just a tuck-and-run guy. He can throw.

A guy I hope to see develop into something great is Jake Locker. His coaches compare him to Steve Young when talking about what this young man could grow into. Locker has a lot of talent, it just needs to be harvested.

I'd take Tebow over Snead any day. Anyone who thinks Tebow is just a runner really needs to watch him play. He's becoming a very solid passer and a complete QB.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I'd take Tebow over Snead any day. Anyone who thinks Tebow is just a runner really needs to watch him play. He's becoming a very solid passer and a complete QB.

Glad to hear you agree. Tebow is going to be an NFL QB, not an H-Back, not anything else. Just a QB.
Share 49ersWebzone