There are 151 users in the forums

Eric Berry ?

Awesome!!!!!!!!! I want this guy!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Dashon Goldson has impressed and if he stays healthy, he will man the FS position. I'm not sure about Michael Lewis' contract, but isn't this his last year? If so, then we can draft Eric Berry to play SS for us. Either way, if he's available when we pick, we can't pass on him.

After watching Berry get "truck sticked" by Tebow I have two words:

TAYLOR MAYS!!!
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Dashon Goldson has impressed and if he stays healthy, he will man the FS position. I'm not sure about Michael Lewis' contract, but isn't this his last year? If so, then we can draft Eric Berry to play SS for us. Either way, if he's available when we pick, we can't pass on him.

TAYLOR MAYS!!!

Tebow's a big mutha!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

TAYLOR MAYS!!!

Tebow's a big mutha!

So is Beanie Wells, Steven Jackson etc....

TAYLOR MAYS!!!

Did you watch the majority of the game on Saturday? Berry owned Tebow. If you've seen Berry's game, he's consistent in making tackles and making good reads as to where the ball will be thrown. Hence why he is ALWAYS around the ball carrier. Taylor Mays is up in the air but there's only one thing we know about him and that he's a hitter. We still don't know much about his coverage skills. You know who else is a hitter at the safety position that can't field? Mark Roman.

TAYLOR MAYS!!!

Did you watch the majority of the game on Saturday? Berry owned Tebow. If you've seen Berry's game, he's consistent in making tackles and making good reads as to where the ball will be thrown. Hence why he is ALWAYS around the ball carrier. Taylor Mays is up in the air but there's only one thing we know about him and that he's a hitter. We still don't know much about his coverage skills. You know who else is a hitter at the safety position that can't field? Mark Roman.

Berry held his own on that hit. If you watch it he got a good hit on Tebow, and gets knocked backed once 2 of his teammates hit Tebow from behind. I'm not saying Tebow didn't lay a hit on Berry either, it's just amazing that Berry was able to hold his ground against someone so big and powerful as Tebow.

TAYLOR MAYS!!!

Taylor Mays worries me in the sense that I could see him being like Roy Williams.

Eric Barry is a beast.
[ Edited by DaManRathman on Sep 22, 2009 at 3:23 PM ]
I want berry!
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

TAYLOR MAYS!!!

Taylor Mays worries me in the sense that I could see him being like Roy Williams.

Eric Barry is a beast
Originally posted by dman:

TAYLOR MAYS!!!

Eric Barry is a beast

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
I haven't seen a thread specifically for Eric Berry. Hopefully the Panthers leave us with a top 10 pick at the end of the season because I know for a fact we're not going to have a chance to get in position to draft him. I have on simple question though, if Goldson plays well this season and we draft Berry, what happens to Goldson ? demoted to backup ? move him to SS ?

anyways, GO BERRY AND BEST !

We aren't going to draft a Safety next year...it's going to be Oline or Dline or a pass rushing LB.

Why can't we have both, after all we do have two 1st round picks.

1a. Eric Berry

1b. Sergio Kindle

you almost got it... but Jerry Hughes is the correct answer here.

Haven't really seen Hughes play, I've watched TCU games yes, but never really kept an eye on him. But Sergio Kindle looks like a beast and more athletic than Orakpo. He'lll probably end up going right around Berry though.

The problem with Kindle is he doesn't show up all the time. Yea, he makes the highlight hits, but I'd rather have someone who plays 4 quarters.

Depending on depth in the draft, I wouldn't mind us trading down to get several
2nd round picks. There usually is talent in the 2nd of players who WILL SIGN,
and have a chip on their shoulders because they didn't get drafted in the 1st round.

I think I've heard that about practically every single top tier pass-rusher coming out of college. And I'd still take Kindle in the 1st round.
i'd rather take one of the stud pass rushers coming out this year and a RT. maybe even a QB but i think this year the good QB's will overlap into the 2nd round so we can take one there. berry is awesome, i would definitely take him over taylor mays but i think Goldson is looking very good and im willing to give him a chance. we have some promising safeties on the roster, i'd like to further develop Reggie Smith and Goldson, both look solid

TAYLOR MAYS!!!

Eric Barry is a beast.

Seriously?? Roy Williams is SLOW! If we needed a FS then Berry is a good choice but we don't. we need a SS.

TAYLOR MAYS!!!

Eric Barry is a beast.

Seriously?? Roy Williams is SLOW! If we needed a FS then Berry is a good choice but we don't. we need a SS.

Eric Berry can play both FS and SS. He's a tackling machine and often makes plays on bigger running backs. The assessment on Taylor Mays seems true so far this season. He's looked a little slower. Yes he can get the hits, but it's still up in the air whether or not he can cover and get the INT.
Share 49ersWebzone