LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Eric Berry ?

I haven't seen a thread specifically for Eric Berry. Hopefully the Panthers leave us with a top 10 pick at the end of the season because I know for a fact we're not going to have a chance to get in position to draft him. I have on simple question though, if Goldson plays well this season and we draft Berry, what happens to Goldson ? demoted to backup ? move him to SS ?

anyways, GO BERRY AND BEST !

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM ]
  • dman
  • Veteran
I want him ... these type of safeties make a world of difference for a defense.

He can be out Polamalu or Reed.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
I haven't seen a thread specifically for Eric Berry. Hopefully the Panthers leave us with a top 10 pick at the end of the season because I know for a fact we're not going to have a chance to get in position to draft him. I have on simple question though, if Goldson plays well this season and we draft Berry, what happens to Goldson ? demoted to backup ? move him to SS ?

We aren't going to draft a Safety next year...it's going to be Oline or Dline or a pass rushing LB.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

We aren't going to draft a Safety next year...it's going to be Oline or Dline or a pass rushing LB.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Why can't we have both, after all we do have two 1st round picks.

1a. Eric Berry

1b. Sergio Kindle

Originally posted by Kolohe:

1a. Eric Berry

1b. Sergio Kindle

you almost got it... but Jerry Hughes is the correct answer here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by abowers1984:

1a. Eric Berry

1b. Sergio Kindle

Haven't really seen Hughes play, I've watched TCU games yes, but never really kept an eye on him. But Sergio Kindle looks like a beast and more athletic than Orakpo. He'lll probably end up going right around Berry though.
Originally posted by abowers1984:

1a. Eric Berry

1b. Sergio Kindle

Haven't really seen Hughes play, I've watched TCU games yes, but never really kept an eye on him. But Sergio Kindle looks like a beast and more athletic than Orakpo. He'lll probably end up going right around Berry though.

The problem with Kindle is he doesn't show up all the time. Yea, he makes the highlight hits, but I'd rather have someone who plays 4 quarters.

Depending on depth in the draft, I wouldn't mind us trading down to get several
2nd round picks. There usually is talent in the 2nd of players who WILL SIGN,
and have a chip on their shoulders because they didn't get drafted in the 1st round.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Sep 22, 2009 at 8:56 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I think we'd seriously consider Berry if Goldson doesn't remain healthy OR Michael Lewis loses a step.
Dashon Goldson has impressed and if he stays healthy, he will man the FS position. I'm not sure about Michael Lewis' contract, but isn't this his last year? If so, then we can draft Eric Berry to play SS for us. Either way, if he's available when we pick, we can't pass on him.

If he is there and it he top player on our board, without a doubt we draft him.

The state of the team is in a position to draft BPA right now.
Originally posted by miked1978:
If he is there and it he top player on our board, without a doubt we draft him.

The state of the team is in a position to draft BPA right now.

Especially with two first round picks. We can wait to select a pass rusher like Jerry Hughes later in the first round.
HOLY s**t!!! That hit at about 30 seconds is f**king ridiculous!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
HOLY s**t!!! That hit at about 30 seconds is f**king ridiculous!!!!!!!!

at the 2:40 mark, he stiff arms his own teammate's back
  • dman
  • Veteran
Ed Reed 2
Share 49ersWebzone