There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why the 49ers go after Tim Tebow in 2010

Originally posted by Youngone:
Tebow has bust written all over him

Canton?



Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Tebow has bust written all over him

Canton?



[ Edited by Youngone on Sep 16, 2009 at 1:24 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Tim Tebow is the next Steve Young baby!

Either the next Steve Young or Alex Smith
I love Tebows intangibles and leadership....and i would love to see him succeed in the NFL as a QB, especially for the 49ers, however, I just dont see him being able to pass the ball well enough. If he tries to run up the middle all the time in the NFL like he does in college he will have a very short, injury filled career, IMO.
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Tim Tebow is the next Steve Young baby!

Either the next Steve Young or Alex Smith

Ya nobody really knows yet people like to pretend they do.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by mac9er:
lmao..man..this is a funny thread..Tebow in 10...no way..4 safety or linebacker maybe..he is like the old nebraska qb..the scott frosts..etc..hopin 2find a converted nfl position 2switch 2

Clearly you've never seen Tim Tebow play...if you have, you wouldn't make such a silly comparison.

I have seen him play and Im willing to say that he is not even as adept a passer as was Eric Crouch...
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by mac9er:
lmao..man..this is a funny thread..Tebow in 10...no way..4 safety or linebacker maybe..he is like the old nebraska qb..the scott frosts..etc..hopin 2find a converted nfl position 2switch 2

Clearly you've never seen Tim Tebow play...if you have, you wouldn't make such a silly comparison.

I have seen him play and Im willing to say that he is not even as adept a passer as was Eric Crouch...

Based on what? Stats, touch, accuracy, arm strength, pocket presence??????? If you're going to say something like that, please elaborate.
I was half joking which is why I didnt elaborate - But I can say that Eric Crouch had more than enough arm strength succeed in the NFL, just didnt have any experience in a pro-style offense and couldnt go through a progression to save his life.

I know because he and Trent Edwards (an aquaintance of mine) had the same private QB coach - a local guy by the name of Theeder (also coached Kyle Boller)... And the scouting report was that his private workouts were fine, he just couldnt make a read to save his life.

... A challenge to which many system QBs fall victim - a challege that I predict will also prohibit Tebow from ever becoming an effective QB at the next level.
[ Edited by abowers1984 on Sep 16, 2009 at 9:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Jax49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Tebow sucks. anybody but that guy. i cant stand him. he's like the poster child for douchebags.

How about Michael Crabtree, Michael Vick, Albert Haynesworth, T.O., Pacman Jones?
Those guys are poster children for douchebags.

Tim Tebow is a greater and more genuine person then you will ever be.

Im starting to hope the niners don't get Tebow just so someone else can win a superbowl.

you know him personally? if not, dont talk about how genuine he is. please.

and by "douchebag" i was talking about the preppy white kid who wears pink lacoste shirts with a popped collar and a livestrong bracelet. and to top it off he kisses his teammates on the lips. garrison hearst made a 49ers locker room rule about those kinds of guys.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
hell no. i just don't think he's gonna be that good in the nfl. do we really want another urban meyer qb?

Doesn't have all the throws needed to be successful.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Tebow has bust written all over him

Canton?




What kind of font spells bust like that ?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Jax49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Tebow sucks. anybody but that guy. i cant stand him. he's like the poster child for douchebags.

How about Michael Crabtree, Michael Vick, Albert Haynesworth, T.O., Pacman Jones?
Those guys are poster children for douchebags.

Tim Tebow is a greater and more genuine person then you will ever be.

Im starting to hope the niners don't get Tebow just so someone else can win a superbowl.

you know him personally? if not, dont talk about how genuine he is. please.

and by "douchebag" i was talking about the preppy white kid who wears pink lacoste shirts with a popped collar and a livestrong bracelet. and to top it off he kisses his teammates on the lips. garrison hearst made a 49ers locker room rule about those kinds of guys.

actually yes i do. I was part of the film crew who filmed the games and put the highlights together. I've spoken with him many times.
Originally posted by rapid4:
We have our QBOTF, Nate Davis. Use the 1st round picks on a pass rusher and an OT.

In hindsight after this whole Crabtree affair, that's what we should have done this year, traded down from 10 and picked up Oher and a pass rusher.

I want to see what Nate Davis can come in and do in a game where we are 3 or 4 scores up this year. Lets run up the score on somebody and take a real good look at him.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Tebow has bust written all over him

Canton?




The delightful Lucy Pinder!!!
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,334
Originally posted by Jax49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Jax49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Tebow sucks. anybody but that guy. i cant stand him. he's like the poster child for douchebags.

How about Michael Crabtree, Michael Vick, Albert Haynesworth, T.O., Pacman Jones?
Those guys are poster children for douchebags.

Tim Tebow is a greater and more genuine person then you will ever be.

Im starting to hope the niners don't get Tebow just so someone else can win a superbowl.

you know him personally? if not, dont talk about how genuine he is. please.

and by "douchebag" i was talking about the preppy white kid who wears pink lacoste shirts with a popped collar and a livestrong bracelet. and to top it off he kisses his teammates on the lips. garrison hearst made a 49ers locker room rule about those kinds of guys.

actually yes i do. I was part of the film crew who filmed the games and put the highlights together. I've spoken with him many times.

Did you dangle on his sack in real life or do you just do that on the internet?