LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 450 users in the forums

Jahvid Best ?

I absoultely love Jahvid Best, i have him as my top RB in the 2010 draft. But i dont se us taking, him unless Gore has a major injury or Coffee sucks, which i dont see hapening.
Originally posted by 49erfreak:
As a student at Cal, I've had the opportunity to watch Best play, and I honestly think he's the best suited to play second fiddle to Gore. He's incredibly fast and can double as a WR for the Bears, and would work wonders after Gore destroys teams' O-Lines. I really hope we target him in the 2nd round, and Cal's Syd'Quan Thompson in the first.

Would love to have those two. Make it happen Scotty.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by crzy:
I really like Best, but we have bigger problems.

+1

i also agree that RB is pretty much the least of our needs, but adding another elite RB would help us out far more than you think.. it would remind me of the titans drafting chris johnson when they had henry and white. berry and best doesn't sound like a bad first round duo

Yeah but Ten could afford to do the BPA and not really feel it. If we take a RB and still dont have an Oline to open a lane for our RB's we would just look stupid

But I wouldn't mind Best at all, he is impressive and all around just a good football player with tons of speed.
[ Edited by redmanc07 on Sep 16, 2009 at 6:50 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
if we get best then we have to trade gore i dont see that happening

I would love to hear your reasoning for this statement. Best isnt an every down type back.....he isnt as "specialized" as a Reggie Bush, because he can run between the tackles very well, but Best would seem to me to be the perfect compliment to a back like Gore or even Coffee.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Actually, YungAce changed my mind

Best and Berry would be a sick combo in the first round.
Actually, YungAce changed my mind

Best and Berry would be a sick combo in the first round.

that would make me so happy
if we got him at a value (let's say we pick up a RT in FA and trade down carolina's pick for a late teens, early 20s pick and a second), this is what we would get. This is the most incredible 8 minutes of destruction i've ever seen

im just sayin... i would be DAM happy to have gore/best/coffee. best can have MRob's #24 cuz he'd be snip snip cut! his breakaway speed is unreal, he shows strength, and his vision is absolutely fantastic. and he doesn't fumble!
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 17, 2009 at 11:48 PM ]
Do you guys put him above CJ Spiller? I love the idea of getting a speed back to compliment Gore/ Coffee
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 18, 2009 at 10:33 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Do you guys put him above CJ Spiller? I love the idea of getting a speed back to compliment Gore/ Coffee

i was about to ask, how does he rank amongst other backs
Originally posted by 49erfreak:
As a student at Cal, I've had the opportunity to watch Best play, and I honestly think he's the best suited to play second fiddle to Gore. He's incredibly fast and can double as a WR for the Bears, and would work wonders after Gore destroys teams' O-Lines. I really hope we target him in the 2nd round, and Cal's Syd'Quan Thompson in the first.

Since when is Thompson a first round pick?

when it's all said and done, he may be.

I have him as a top-10 CB in next year's draft and if he continues to improve he could crack top-5 status

Don't sleep on him ....

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Yeah, that would be real smart, let's draft the one position we have a pro bowler and quality back up at and ignore our needs yet again. Brilliant.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TX9R:
Yeah, that would be real smart, let's draft the one position we have a pro bowler and quality back up at and ignore our needs yet again. Brilliant.

BPA

BPA
Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Cal next year
I'd freak out if Jahvid became a Niner

words cannot describe how badly I'd like to see this happen, but it won't.
Originally posted by AC49er:
Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Cal next year

THIS
Share 49ersWebzone