LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Tony Pike, Qb, Cincinnati

Another system QB who does not take snaps from under center. If this guy had those stats and played in a pro style system, he would be more attractive. The Niners should not make the same mistake again......
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Tony Pike Stats in win against Fresno St.

18-26, 300 YDS, 3TD

* Another 300 yard game, this guy should get some consideration for the Heisman. He looks like the real deal.

Gilyard accounting for 2/3rds of the production with 9 catches for 177 and 2 TDs.

I'm becoming a big fan of this guy. If we end up trading CrabtreeI'd like us to go after him.
he doesnt have a QB last name, sounds like a TE, in order to succeed you have to have a QB last name.
He is looking good so far this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Pike's stats in Cincinnati win Saturday

23-42, 270 YDS, 2 TD

* First game of season not throwing over 300 yds. Still looks solid as he's racking up the TD's.
I posted this on another thread and thought I should pass this along. Scouting report from WalterFootball.com:

Quote:
Tony Pike, Cincinnati - Scouting Report
Height: 6-6. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.91.
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.
10/10/09: Through five games, Tony Pike has 1,493 yards, 13 touchdowns, three picks and an 8.6 YPA. Pike doesn't have an NFL arm, but he could be a Shaun Hill type. At the very worst, he'll be a very good backup.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I posted this on another thread and thought I should pass this along. Scouting report from WalterFootball.com:

Quote:
10/10/09: Through five games, Tony Pike has 1,493 yards, 13 touchdowns, three picks and an 8.6 YPA. Pike doesn't have an NFL arm, but he could be a Shaun Hill type. At the very worst, he'll be a very good backup.

Don't trust WaterFootball.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Quote:

Doesn't have an NFL arm? He might not be John Elway, but he has a strong enough arm, much stronger arm than Shaun Hill. Anyways, Tony plays tonight against USF on ESPN. Check him out.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Oct 15, 2009 at 04:45:19 ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:

Quote:

Doesn't have an NFL arm? He might not be John Elway, but he has a strong enough arm, much stronger arm than Shaun Hill. Anyways, Tony plays tonight against USF on ESPN. Check him out.

Some guy fro SI was on KNBR this morning and he said Pike had a very strong arm.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
He is a tall strong armed passer who drives the ball down the field with many of his throws from the middle zones and beyond. He has completed 17 passes over 20 yards with another 7 completions of over 30 yards.

Quote:
He makes all the throws and stands tall in the pocket, showing no fear when under a heavy pass rush. He gets the ball down the field with fine accuracy and velocity to pressure a defense. He has good overall accuracy with the talent to make the tough throw and touch for the deep ball.

http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/723

http://seahawksdraft.blogspot.com/2009/10/todd-mcshay-on-tony-pike.html

Originally posted by jreff22:

Quote:

Why not?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Quote:

Why not?

Their rankings and analysis are mediocre at best

For example right now they have Jimmy Clausen rated has the best QB in the nation. I'm a ND fan and love Clausen but he isn't the best guy right now. They have Dez listed as the 3rd best WR. They are missing guys in their rankings who are top players, but aren't even listed.

It's a decent site but I wouldn't read to much into what they say.

[ Edited by jreff22 on Oct 15, 2009 at 10:11:27 ]

Quote:

Why not?

For example right now they have Jimmy Clausen rated has the best QB in the nation. I'm a ND fan and love Clausen but he isn't the best guy right now. They have Dez listed as the 3rd best WR. They are missing guys in their rankings who are top players, but aren't even listed.

Clausen is just the flavor of the week. The reason he is #1 ranked in their site is because he runs a pro style offense and is still showing some good numbers. Who in your opinion should be ranked #1 in the QB position?

Quote:

Why not?

Clausen is just the flavor of the week. The reason he is #1 ranked in their site is because he runs a pro style offense and is still showing some good numbers. Who in your opinion should be ranked #1 in the QB position?

Even though I don't love the kid Bradford is still #1. I watch a lot of Clausen and he still has a few things that need improvement. Not to mention Clausen will stay for his senior year, so he shouldn't be part of the 2010 debate. The one major knock Clausen will take is difficulty of schedule.

Quote:

Why not?

Even though I don't love the kid Bradford is still #1. I watch a lot of Clausen and he still has a few things that need improvement. Not to mention Clausen will stay for his senior year, so he shouldn't be part of the 2010 debate. The one major knock Clausen will take is difficulty of schedule.

I don't know man. There really isn't a QB so far in the upcoming draft that jumps out at you.
Share 49ersWebzone