LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 430 users in the forums

Who is the best choice to fill our OT hole in the 2010 Draft?

Who is the best choice to fill our OT hole in the 2010 Draft?

I believe that it will probably be Russell Okung or Ciron Black but I am partial to both of those teams.
it all depends on what spot we get
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
it all depends on what spot we get

Thats true we may be using a 2nd round pick instead of a 1st so that will eliminate some of the top players.
Bulaga is my choice right now, Ciron Black or Trent Williams would be nice if they are available at one of our picks.
Selvish Capers, just because he has a cool name...
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Bulaga is my choice right now, Ciron Black or Trent Williams would be nice if they are available at one of our picks.

I think that Okung, Williams and Black will go in the 1st round, so depending on what we do with those picks one of the 3 should be available to us.
Assuming Snyder/Staley go down or what?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Have you seen simms??? We NEED another tackle whether that person can be better than our current starters or a good backup, we need somebody better than simms in there.
Sam Young in the 2nd round. QB and OLB/DE in the first round.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Snyder has looked better this year than last, but he is hurt again. And Simms is terrible. I would draft a high OT next year and let the pick & Snyder battle for playing time.

I could be wrong, but I don't think we will draft a RT in the first round. Or, do you think the team would move Staley back to the right side?
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I could be wrong, but I don't think we will draft a RT in the first round. Or, do you think the team would move Staley back to the right side?

I think we would take a RT in the first if we had the opportunity. I thought I read we were strongly considering taking Oher last year had Crabtree not fallen to us. I would have kept Staley at LT and put Oher at RT.

I've heard Oher is looking pretty legit in Baltimore, btw.
Originally posted by Overkill:

I think we would take a RT in the first if we had the opportunity. I thought I read we were strongly considering taking Oher last year had Crabtree not fallen to us. I would have kept Staley at LT and put Oher at RT.

Yeah, I remember reading that too. You're probably right. I wouldn't mind it. We better get a good pass rusher with one of the 1st round picks though.
Originally posted by Overkill:

Yeah, I remember reading that too. You're probably right. I wouldn't mind it. We better get a good pass rusher with one of the 1st round picks though.

Amen to that.
If Snyder is effective then I'd say none of the above, unless they last into the 3rd round. If Snyder can't do it or continues to miss games due to injury, then I agree it will be either Okung, Williams, or Black.
Share 49ersWebzone