There are 192 users in the forums

'09 Supplemental Draft

Only a few players to watch but Jarmon looks intriguing. That is a fast 40 time for a DE.

"Supplemental Draft prospect Jeremy Jarmon ran a 4.76 forty-yard dash at the Kentucky Pro Day before April's draft."

"It's an outstanding time considering Jarmon weighed in at 6'3/280. He'll likely want to be a shade lighter for his July 9 personal Pro Day. Other prospects for the July 16 Supplemental Draft include Florida State WR Corey Surrency and Central Michigan OT Joe McMahon. Surrency is having a Pro Day on June 30."

rotoworld.com link to NFL.com

[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jun 26, 2009 at 08:10:00 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Quote:

Jeremy Jarmon, Kentucky
Height: 6-3. Weight: 276.
Projected 40 Time: 4.78.
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.
5/18/09: Probably destined to be a 3-4 end in the NFL.

2/12/09: An All-SEC honorable mention, Jeremy Jarmon had 10 TFL, 4.5 sacks and six passes broken up as a junior.

5/7/08: Jeremy Jarmon thrived in his first full season as a starter, notching 62 tackles, nine sacks and 13.5 tackles for a loss. Jarmon is coming off arthroscopic knee surgery, so he was limited in spring practices.

Who else is entering the Sup Draft??
^^^ Just Florida State WR Corey Surrency and Central Michigan OT Joe McMahon so far as I know.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
^^^ Just Florida State WR Corey Surrency and Central Michigan OT Joe McMahon so far as I know.

Corey Surrency sucks, all he has is his 6'5" 220 pound measurements going for him. In 12 games in college all he did was 237 yards 4 TD's. I wouldn't waste a pick on him, reminds me of Mike Williams, big for nothing and looks like he would have a hard time getting separation in the Pro's.
Could jarmon potentially play olb?
Only a few players to watch but Jarmon looks intriguing. That is a fast 40 time for a DE.

"Supplemental Draft prospect Jeremy Jarmon ran a 4.76 forty-yard dash at the Kentucky Pro Day before April's draft."

"It's an outstanding time considering Jarmon weighed in at 6'3/280. He'll likely want to be a shade lighter for his July 9 personal Pro Day. Other prospects for the July 16 Supplemental Draft include Florida State WR Corey Surrency and Central Michigan OT Joe McMahon. Surrency is having a Pro Day on June 30."

rotoworld.com link to NFL.com

just read an article earlier today stating the eagles are all over him and expected to take him, they have him coming in for a visit. i will post link, have to go find it first
Three Players To Watch In NFL Supplemental Draft
Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 27, 2009, 8:40 p.m.
As the NFL supplemental draft approaches, at least three players are considered intriguing enough to potentially be drafted, according to Gil Brandt of NFL.com.

University of Kentucky defensive end Jeremy Jarmon headlines a list that also includes Central Michigan offensive tackle Joe McMahon and Florida State wide receiver Corey Surrency.

Jarmon is an All-Southeastern Conference pass rusher who was declared ineligible by the NCAA after testing positive for a diuretic, a banned substance under NCAA rules.

Jarmon is scheduled to hold a Pro Day campus workout on July 9 prior to the draft, which is set for July 16.

And the Philadelphia Eagles have displayed interest in Jarmon, bringing him in for a visit, according to Joe Schad of ESPN.com.

At Kentucky, Jarmon registered 13 1/2 sacks and 100 tackles over the past two seasons. Jarmon, who’s listed at 6′3,” 280 pounds, has 4.76 speed in the 40-yard dash.

A 6′5,” 210-pound junior college transfer, Surrency caught 12 passes for 237 yards and four touchdowns during his lone season at Florida State.

Surrency started twice last season, but was suspended for two games.

He was suspended for the Georgia Tech game for violating team rules. He was also suspended for the Boston College game because of his participation in a fight outside the student union.

Surrency, who had trouble with the law growing up in Miami, was declared ineligible by the NCAA due to playing two seasons of semi-pro indoor football in Florida after attending junior college. He lost a subsequent appeal.

McMahon is a two-time Golden Gloves boxing champion who attended Central Michigan after playing junior-college football at Joliet (Ill.) Junior College.

McMahon started at offensive guard and center for the Chippewas, but his academic problems derailed his collegiate career.

profootballtalk.com

[ Edited by FederalAgent49 on Jun 28, 2009 at 15:19:40 ]
LINK

I haven't seen too much of him, but had 8 sacks last year and at 6'3 250, Dixon could be worth a look.
[ Edited by mtminer on Jul 10, 2009 at 6:16 PM ]
Originally posted by mtminer:
LINK

I haven't seen too much of him, but had 8 sacks last year and at 6'3 250, Dixon could be worth a look.

He was an excellent player at Texas Tech, was Freshman all-American as a true freshman, then flunked out and played at a JUCO, got his grades up, came to TTU and had 8 sacks, then flunked out again.
total dumbass, with anther year at Tech he could have gone in the 3-4th round easy.

He isn't the kind of player I'd want in a 3-4 though.
Jarmon is a great player with a heck of a motor. He and Myron Pryor made up a pretty fine Kentucky DL.

He's athletic, but I don't know if he particularly fits the mold for a 3-4 Elephant End Backer. He has no experience dropping into coverage and I think he would have an extremely difficult time making the conversion.

Having watched him play, I can tell you he is best suited to be a 4-3 DE.

Two key Big 12 players and perhaps the top prospect available have declared for NFL's supplemental draft next week.

Several sources have confirmed that Texas Tech defensive end McKinner Dixon and Kansas State wide receiver Deon Murphy will be among the pool of eligible players when the draft is conducted on Thursday.

link

I don't have much on either of these guys, Murphy looks like an undersized slot/KR prospect and Dixon a 4-3 pass rushing DE.
Two key Big 12 players and perhaps the top prospect available have declared for NFL's supplemental draft next week.

Several sources have confirmed that Texas Tech defensive end McKinner Dixon and Kansas State wide receiver Deon Murphy will be among the pool of eligible players when the draft is conducted on Thursday.

link

I don't have much on either of these guys, Murphy looks like an undersized slot/KR prospect and Dixon a 4-3 pass rushing DE.

You are correct, look a couple posts up.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4319729

Do you guys think we should try for any of these guys?? I'd love to get Dixon!!
nah, i think with the talent of next years draft, we need to keep and accumulate all the picks we can. Next year will be huge for us if we draft well...
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
nah, i think with the talent of next years draft, we need to keep and accumulate all the picks we can. Next year will be huge for us if we draft well...

This is the reason: Way, WAY too much depth next year to waste any pick on a supplemental player.
Share 49ersWebzone