I see a lot of Taylor Mays on bust list. haha
I think he's gonna be a very average player, not much of a play maker.
There are 784 users in the forums
Put it in Writing, Best Players Biggest Busts of '09
Nov 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,136
Nov 11, 2010 at 4:00 PM
- communist
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,475
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:where is the big difference between a top10 and a top20 pick???
DT: Dan Williams (if a top 10 pick)
Nov 11, 2010 at 8:10 PM
- DVDA
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,367
Originally posted by communist:Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:where is the big difference between a top10 and a top20 pick???
DT: Dan Williams (if a top 10 pick)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Nov 11, 2010 at 8:57 PM
- SunDevilNiner79
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 61,652
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Best player: Eric Berry
Biggest Bust: Derrick Morgan
Biggest Steal: Rob Gronkowski
Pretty happy with my picks. Morgan hasn't done much of anything.
Eric Berry is playing awesome, as expected.
Gronkowski hasn't turned into a steal like I thought. Aaron Hernandez instead turned into a steal.
Nov 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM
- 49oz2superbowl
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,615
Originally posted by English:Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Best
QB:
Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy
OT:
Russel Okung, Charles Brown
CB:
Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourty
Safety:
Eric Berry, Nate Allen, Reshad Jones
RB:
CJ Spiller (will be a poor man's Chris Johnson), Montario Hardesty, Dexter McCluster (if utilized like a Sproles back)
DE/OLB:
Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes
LB:
Sean Lee, Sean Weatherspoon
WR:
Mardy Gilyard, Damian Williams
TE:
Ed Dickson, Steven Gronkowski
DL:
Vance Joseph, Gerald McCoy
Bust
QB: Tim Tebow
CB: Joe Haden
OG: Mike Iupati (highlight reel pancakes are overshadowed by inconsistency)
OT: Anthony Davis, Brian Bulaga, Trent Williams
DT: Dan Williams (if a top 10 pick)
Safety: Taylor Mays
RB: Ryan Matthews (not explosive enough to warrant first round grade)
WR: Dez Bryant, Demaryus Thomas
DE: Derrick Morgan, JPP, Sergio Kindle
LB: Rolando McClain
So you have our first four picks all busting?
This was actually all before the draft. Just happened we took three guys I wasn't high on as high first rounders. I though Anthony Davis was a very average and slow footed pass blocker which isn't deserving of a high first. Mike Iupati, while I liked, no guard short of a perrenial All-Pro should go top 20, and I just dont think his pass blocking is there, not to mention you cant rely on just brute strength in the NFL. I think he'll be a great starter in his career, just not worthy of the number 17 pick. As far as Mays, I was actually pulling for Mays in the second as I thought he was good value and would be a solid contributor due to his athleticism alone but hated the idea of taking him at 11 or 17
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Nov 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM ]
Nov 12, 2010 at 12:48 AM
- communist
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,475
-
[ Edited by communist on Nov 12, 2010 at 12:49 AM ]
Nov 12, 2010 at 1:01 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,336
Originally posted by susweel:
I see a lot of Taylor Mays on bust list. haha
I think he's gonna be a very average player, not much of a play maker.
1) First of all he is 2010...

2) Secondly he was mid 2nd round. It's hard to be a bust at that position. He wasn't early 1st, mid 1st, late 1st or early 2nd. He's mid 2nd round where you can reasonably take a chance on an outstanding athlete.
Nov 12, 2010 at 7:46 AM
- jojomellon
- Member
- Posts: 1,793
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Best player: Eric Berry
Biggest Bust: Derrick Morgan
Biggest Steal: Rob Gronkowski
Pretty happy with my picks. Morgan hasn't done much of anything.
Eric Berry is playing awesome, as expected.
Gronkowski hasn't turned into a steal like I thought. Aaron Hernandez instead turned into a steal.
Morgan is on IR. Tough to be productive from there.
Nov 14, 2010 at 7:35 PM
- redmanc07
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,349
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:Originally posted by English:Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Best
QB:
Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy
OT:
Russel Okung, Charles Brown
CB:
Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourty
Safety:
Eric Berry, Nate Allen, Reshad Jones
RB:
CJ Spiller (will be a poor man's Chris Johnson), Montario Hardesty, Dexter McCluster (if utilized like a Sproles back)
DE/OLB:
Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes
LB:
Sean Lee, Sean Weatherspoon
WR:
Mardy Gilyard, Damian Williams
TE:
Ed Dickson, Steven Gronkowski
DL:
Vance Joseph, Gerald McCoy
Bust
QB: Tim Tebow
CB: Joe Haden
OG: Mike Iupati (highlight reel pancakes are overshadowed by inconsistency)
OT: Anthony Davis, Brian Bulaga, Trent Williams
DT: Dan Williams (if a top 10 pick)
Safety: Taylor Mays
RB: Ryan Matthews (not explosive enough to warrant first round grade)
WR: Dez Bryant, Demaryus Thomas
DE: Derrick Morgan, JPP, Sergio Kindle
LB: Rolando McClain
So you have our first four picks all busting?
This was actually all before the draft. Just happened we took three guys I wasn't high on as high first rounders. I though Anthony Davis was a very average and slow footed pass blocker which isn't deserving of a high first. Mike Iupati, while I liked, no guard short of a perrenial All-Pro should go top 20, and I just dont think his pass blocking is there, not to mention you cant rely on just brute strength in the NFL. I think he'll be a great starter in his career, just not worthy of the number 17 pick. As far as Mays, I was actually pulling for Mays in the second as I thought he was good value and would be a solid contributor due to his athleticism alone but hated the idea of taking him at 11 or 17
I dont think you can call a guy a bust if he has a great career. I know all the scouts say you just dont take this position here but if its one of your biggest positions of need and you know a team coming up (Steelers) will most likely take hime before you do than why not draft him 17th. Guards play on the Oline just the same as everyone else.
Nov 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM
- jrsk13
- Veteran
- Posts: 11
BEST NEW PLAYERS
Hakeem Nicks
Dustin Keller
Percy Harvin
Arian Foster
Darren McFadden
Sam Bradford
RECENT BUSTS
Matt Stafford
Matt Lienart
JaMarcus Russell
QB's are rare RB's are a dime a dozen
Hakeem Nicks
Dustin Keller
Percy Harvin
Arian Foster
Darren McFadden
Sam Bradford
RECENT BUSTS
Matt Stafford
Matt Lienart
JaMarcus Russell
QB's are rare RB's are a dime a dozen
Nov 15, 2010 at 11:39 AM
- jojomellon
- Member
- Posts: 1,793
Originally posted by jrsk13:
BEST NEW PLAYERS
Hakeem Nicks
Dustin Keller
Percy Harvin
Arian Foster
Darren McFadden
Sam Bradford
RECENT BUSTS
Matt Stafford
Matt Lienart
JaMarcus Russell
QB's are rare RB's are a dime a dozen
Wow Stafford is a bust already?
Nov 15, 2010 at 4:13 PM
- communist
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,475
Originally posted by jrsk13:1.stop trolling
BEST NEW PLAYERS
Hakeem Nicks
Dustin Keller
Percy Harvin
Arian Foster
Darren McFadden
Sam Bradford
RECENT BUSTS
Matt Stafford
Matt Lienart
JaMarcus Russell
QB's are rare RB's are a dime a dozen
2.learn reading (we are talking about the rookies from 09)
3.stafford in the same group with leinart and russell?
4.you are the biggest bust of all time.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 15, 2010 at 16:17:01 ]
Nov 15, 2010 at 10:13 PM
- filthydogma
- Veteran
- Posts: 223
Originally posted by communist:Originally posted by jrsk13:1.stop trolling
BEST NEW PLAYERS
Hakeem Nicks
Dustin Keller
Percy Harvin
Arian Foster
Darren McFadden
Sam Bradford
RECENT BUSTS
Matt Stafford
Matt Lienart
JaMarcus Russell
QB's are rare RB's are a dime a dozen
2.learn reading (we are talking about the rookies from 09)
3.stafford in the same group with leinart and russell?
4.you are the biggest bust of all time.
THIS
Nov 16, 2010 at 1:33 AM
- marshulk
- Veteran
- Posts: 45,242
Originally posted by jojomellon:Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Best player: Eric Berry
Biggest Bust: Derrick Morgan
Biggest Steal: Rob Gronkowski
Pretty happy with my picks. Morgan hasn't done much of anything.
Eric Berry is playing awesome, as expected.
Gronkowski hasn't turned into a steal like I thought. Aaron Hernandez instead turned into a steal.
Morgan is on IR. Tough to be productive from there.
I lol'd
Nov 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM
- KowboyKiller
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,991
Why do I keep seeing Orakpo in the bust column? Didn't he make the pro bowl his rookie year? It's not his fault Shanahan wanted to stick a 3-4 in there even though it doesn't really suit their personnel.