LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Can we get PAT WHITE with the 74th pick???

Round 3, (74)

Do we pull the trigger or is he gone
If he's there, I would hope they'll at least think about it. It's just so tough to answer these questions because it depends a LOT on who else is still on the board, and what they've done with the first 2 picks.
Seriously doubt it.

I fully expect him to go mid to late round 2.
depends what round freeman ends up being drafted. If he is picked up in the first round, no way. If second, i see the niners taking him in the third round
I sure hope so.
Patriots brought him in for two seperate visits and Mike Tomlin really likes him. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets nabbed up by one of those teams, or like I said before the Jags.

If you insert him into out QB competiton however, he has a chance to play here right away.
I think a third is the highest we should consider for him.

I LOVE him as a player, but has Garcia ever made it to the Super Bowl? Flutie?

The very small quarterbacks have trouble SEEING through the monsters in front of them.

Even if you use the best short quarterbacks as a best case scenario, Pat White is not really a long term solution.
We already have a good, small, play-making quarterback who is not a long term solution with Hill.

If we draft a quarterback, we need to be thinking about someone with a higher overall potential.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for GorefullBore.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Seriously doubt it.

I fully expect him to go mid to late round 2.

Yeah I would love it, but I doubt it.
  • RLB78
  • Info N/A
Sorry, not a fan of drafting P.White. I think there are a number of players I would take over him, unless they think he can be an elite returner. As a QB prospect I wouldn't take him earlier than rnd 5/6. I know there is a lot of hype around him, but I don't see it. THis kid played in a gimmicky offense in college and isn't 6ft tall, IMO he won't be starting at QB for anyone... ever.
Yes we can, but in all honesty, I don't think we should.

Not to degrade White's ability, I simply would not peg him as anywhere near the BPA for us.

Originally posted by RLB78:
Sorry, not a fan of drafting P.White. I think there are a number of players I would take over him, unless they think he can be an elite returner. As a QB prospect I wouldn't take him earlier than rnd 5/6. I know there is a lot of hype around him, but I don't see it. THis kid played in a gimmicky offense in college and isn't 6ft tall, IMO he won't be starting at QB for anyone... ever.

Well, actually he's nearly 6-1 and the WVU offense in 2008 wasn't gimmicky, and he hammer Oklahoma taking about half the snaps out of the I formation. I'm not sure you've ever actually watched him.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think a third is the highest we should consider for him.

I LOVE him as a player, but has Garcia ever made it to the Super Bowl? Flutie?

The very small quarterbacks have trouble SEEING through the monsters in front of them.

Even if you use the best short quarterbacks as a best case scenario, Pat White is not really a long term solution.
We already have a good, small, play-making quarterback who is not a long term solution with Hill.

If we draft a quarterback, we need to be thinking about someone with a higher overall potential.

THere isn't a QB in the draft with a higher ceiling than White.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Patriots brought him in for two seperate visits and Mike Tomlin really likes him. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets nabbed up by one of those teams, or like I said before the Jags.

If you insert him into out QB competiton however, he has a chance to play here right away.

I agree that he can and should be a QB in the NFL, however I don't think he would be a good option to start from day 1 as a rookie, when to run, when to pass, when to check down, what happens when there are guys that are as fast as me on the field that can put me on IR for a season?

If you brought him in and put him in wildcat situations it would help your team, but probably stunt his growth as a proper NFL QB.

We know that we need something to happen at the QB position, best case is that Hill or Smith become a guy we can win tough games with, but I think we are best served making our defense dominant and adding pieces to help our philosophy of being a smash mouth team, when we have those our QB will find it an easy place to win.
  • GoatRider
  • Info N/A
He's gone. Some team without a lot of holes will grab him MUCH earlier than anyone's expecting. NE maybe?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Why do you guys want White? The guy is a running quarterback and he's not even that fast. He ran a 4.5 forty at the combine and he's not a very accomplished thrower. Big gamble if you ask me. Too high to take for someone who's going to only be used in the wild cat.
Share 49ersWebzone