Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by NinerNZ:
1. Sanchez/Stafford - We NEED a franchise QB. I think one of these guys can be it.
2. Stafford/Sanchez - See above
3. Jenkins - No nonsense "player". Could be a RLott-type leader we've been missing.
1. A Smith - Character risk and we can fill this need later.
2. Maybin - a tweener who will lose a step as he adds weight.
3. Orakpo - a weight room product who won't be able to rely on overwhelming players in the NFL
i guess no one gets it jed promised playoffs this year..... what help are any qb gonna be this year.... none!!!
Jed is not counting on the #10 pick to get the 49ers into the playoffs this year.
Which player do you see as coming in and making a GUARATEED impact this year? Raji? Maybe. Curry? Maybe. Neither will be available, but even if they were, they won't be making enough of an impact in the first season alone. The edge pass rushers in the draft are no guarantee either. Also, I feel that it's too early to be picking one at #10.
No . . . Jed is "promising" playoffs because he must believe that the peices are already in place. He cannot be COUNTING on the draft. The draft is mostly for building for the future.
BTY, if Jed indeed did make a promise, what does it mean? What if the 49ers don't make the play-offs? What's on the line? Jed will relinquish the team if the 49ers don't make the play-offs?
That "promise" is a hollow one. Don't get wrapped up in someone else's cheap talk.