Don't Want:
Crabtree
Crabtree
Crabtree

Whatttttt????????

I'm pretty sure he is a HUGE Crabtree fan

• Slothrop
  • Info N/A
So I'm supposed to try to guess what the Niners board looks like under the "think" category? Is this based just on who might be there or based on the entire draft class? I'll base this on the former, as that seems to be what most everyone else has done.

Think
1. Sanchez
2. Raji
3. A. Smith (Singletary and Andre be lovin' them some Jeebus)

Want
1. Raji
2. Crabtree
3. Sanchez

Don't Want
1. A. Smith (fat, out of shape, immature, naive, questionable work ethic, questionable feet...better suited as a guard)
2. Maybin (1 move: run around the tackle, poor against the run, quickness and burst he showed in college may not be there with that extra weight he added)
3. Jenkins (Great Tampa 2 guy, too slow to be a great man-to-man cb; I'm not drafting a cb in the top 10 and hoping that I can convert him to safety either)
Think: Oher/A. Smith/Raji
Want: Oher/A. Smith/Sanchez
Don't Want: Maybin/Brown/Jenkins
Think:
Maclin - consolation to Crabtree
Oher - hard working bookend
Jenkins - day 1 starter

Want:
Crabtree - too much talent. Legitimate #1 WR.
Raji - I can't even remember how long we've been wanting a NT.
Maclin - WR, Returner.... we need some electricity in our team.

Don't want:
Sanchez - doesn't look like a winner to me
Brown - too early for him
A. Smith - looks like trouble
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Think:
Oher
BJ Raji
Maybin

Want:
Crabtree
Maybin
Jenkins

Don't want:
Sanchez
Oher
Orakpo
Originally posted by saeniner:
Think:
Sanchez- Possibility he fits management's plans as the QB of the future, would fill seats easily with USC background.

Jenkins- Slower 40 time might have bumped him down a bit, but he might be BPA at the time of pick.

Oher- Good bet if tackle is the need addressed in round 1.

Want:
Raji- Stout, athletic prospect who would shore up NT for the next decade.

Crabtree- Superb ability to run routes and and make clutch plays with his hands. Some dog his lack of burner speed but recall Fitz and Boldin posted a 4.5 and 4.7 respectively, IIRC.

Jenkins- Safest pick in the draft IMO. Veteran player from a pedigree program, does not yet have ideal 40 time but KILLED it in his 20 yd shuttle drill showing his ability to move hips and adjust quickly. Can produce right away at FS or CB.

Do NOT Want:
Maybin- One year wonder who came out too early IMO. Better/safer value at edge rusher in the 2nd/3rd rounds with prospects like English, Barwin, Sintim, and Sidbury Jr.

Any RB- Not a big enough need to justify 1st round contract. Good depth in later rounds with A. brown, D. Brown, Greene, and Jennings.

A. Smith- WAY to many character concern red flags. Out of shape, attitude problems, no thank you. He has talent but we would essentially be giving LT money to a RT pick with a high bust potential.

THINK:
Michael Oher
Andre Smith
Mark Sanchez (then trade)

WANT:
Everrette Brown
B.J. Raji
Malcolm Jenkins

DON'T WANT:
Andre Smith
Beanie Wells
Josh Freeman
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Think: Oher, Sanchez, Brown

Want: Crabtree, Raji, Orakpo

Don't: Stafford, Maybin, A. Smith
Think
Brown/Maybin
Jenkins
Tackle

Want
Curry
Crabtree
Raji
Orakpo

Don't Want
QB
Wells
Maclin

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Think

Oher, Jenkins, Raji

Want

Curry, Crabtree, Jenkins

Don't want

Wells, Maclin, Freeman
Nice thread.

THINK:
Andre Smith
Mark Sanchez
Michael Oher

WANT:
Andre Smith
B.J. Raji
Everette Brown

DON'T WANT:
Malcolm Jenkins
Rey Maualuga
Jeremy Maclin
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Think:
A. Smith
M. Oher
M. Jenkins

Want: (out of the guys I think will be there)
M. Jenkins
A. Smith
M. Oher

Don't:
Vontae Davis
Any RB at #10
Actually not liking any pass rushers in the 1st now either.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saeniner:
Think:
Sanchez- Possibility he fits management's plans as the QB of the future, would fill seats easily with USC background.

Jenkins- Slower 40 time might have bumped him down a bit, but he might be BPA at the time of pick.

Oher- Good bet if tackle is the need addressed in round 1.

Want:
Raji- Stout, athletic prospect who would shore up NT for the next decade.

Crabtree- Superb ability to run routes and and make clutch plays with his hands. Some dog his lack of burner speed but recall Fitz and Boldin posted a 4.5 and 4.7 respectively, IIRC.

Jenkins- Safest pick in the draft IMO. Veteran player from a pedigree program, does not yet have ideal 40 time but KILLED it in his 20 yd shuttle drill showing his ability to move hips and adjust quickly. Can produce right away at FS or CB.

Do NOT Want:
Maybin- One year wonder who came out too early IMO. Better/safer value at edge rusher in the 2nd/3rd rounds with prospects like English, Barwin, Sintim, and Sidbury Jr.

Any RB- Not a big enough need to justify 1st round contract. Good depth in later rounds with A. brown, D. Brown, Greene, and Jennings.

A. Smith- WAY to many character concern red flags. Out of shape, attitude problems, no thank you. He has talent but we would essentially be giving LT money to a RT pick with a high bust potential.

hoe does sanchez fit managements plans for this year!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone