LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Titans, Griffin agree on 5yr/$35M deal

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8072659/tennessee-titans-tagged-michael-griffin-agree-multiyear-deal

The team didn't disclose terms of the deal, but a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Griffin agreed to a five-year contract worth $35 million, including $15 million guaranteed.

Thats 7M, if that isn't good enough for Goldson, who I consider below Griffin, he is nuts.
Anyone think this helps with Goldson?

Griffin is a 2-time pro-bowler. If anything this should set the market slightly lower for Goldson. Maybe 5 year, 30 million with 15 guaranteed?
"A two-time Pro Bowl safety, Griffin did not balk at being tagged and has taken part in the team's offseason program. He was a first-round draft pick in 2007 and has 17 interceptions."

Take notes on how to get paid Dashon!
[ Edited by 99problems on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by 99problems:
"A two-time Pro Bowl safety, Griffin did not balk at being tagged and has taken part in the team's offseason program. He was a first-round draft pick in 2007 and has 17 interceptions."

Take notes on how to get paid Dashon!

This. Griffin sounds like a very good team player; thus, I am happy that he got PAID!!!!!
He was picked 19th over all, so I would assume he's made some pretty good money already....? Goldson on the other had was a 4th round pick and has probably netted 2mm? Thats a guess.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
He was picked 19th over all, so I would assume he's made some pretty good money already....? Goldson on the other had was a 4th round pick and has probably netted 2mm? Thats a guess.

Goldson was a 6th I believe so he probably has made much less than what you presumed.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Goldson was a 6th I believe so he probably has made much less than what you presumed.

no, he was a 4th, but oakland-niner's point is that Goldson's contract was far less than Griffins'
I can't begrudge anyone who wants to make more $.

Griffin deserved his money.

Dashon played very well. Was it the front 7 that made our secondary better? I think so.

Goldson will play out this season and then play elsewhere in thhe future.

Whta I really appreciate is the smart moves the FO has made.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I can't begrudge anyone who wants to make more $.

Griffin deserved his money.

Dashon played very well. Was it the front 7 that made our secondary better? I think so.

Goldson will play out this season and then play elsewhere in thhe future.

Whta I really appreciate is the smart moves the FO has made.

Having our front seven definitely helped but it wasn't all because of our front seven. Even our front seven played better last season than in seasons past. Everyone deserves equal credit and Dashon certainly deserves credit for his play last season. There's a reason the 49ers want to sign him long term. It isn't because he's not deserving. And if it was all due to our front seven we wouldn't have put the franchise tag on him to begin with. To attribute all of Goldson's success to our front seven is just ridiculous. All the hits he made last year and the 6 int's were because he played better. Not to mention some of the returns he had on those int's. He isn't the best safety in the league but he's certainly worth what Griffin got paid. GO NINERS! PAY THE MAN!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
This. Griffin sounds like a very good team player; thus, I am happy that he got PAID!!!!!

one thing that strikes me as odd as of late is people being mad if someone wants to get paid... i think we can all agree there are dozens of injuries a year and these players are taking that risk.. now it seems as a fan of the game we are only happy if they get paid if the person didnt try to get anything more out of his deal.. if he get 5$ a year we would say WOOOH im happy he got paid because he sat there and took whatever the FO gave him... These are grown men and are going to want to act like it.. not a child that is told what to do and how high to jump.

Share 49ersWebzone