LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Who should I keep?

So I have to designate my keepers in my baseball league. I won the league last year and we can only keep 2 players. What do you think?

Albert Pujols
Yoenis Cespedes
Matt Cain
CC Sabathia
Joey Votto
Robinson Cano
Bryce Harper
Joe Mauer

Leaning towards Cain as one of them. Pujols and Cano are the other top two for now. I think Cespedes will have a big year but I think I could draft him because all the others in my league are hardcore Giants fans and let their emotions pick mostly.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
So I have to designate my keepers in my baseball league. I won the league last year and we can only keep 2 players. What do you think?

Albert Pujols
Yoenis Cespedes
Matt Cain
CC Sabathia
Joey Votto
Robinson Cano
Bryce Harper
Joe Mauer

Leaning towards Cain as one of them. Pujols and Cano are the other top two for now. I think Cespedes will have a big year but I think I could draft him because all the others in my league are hardcore Giants fans and let their emotions pick mostly.

are there particular keepers rules? If not I'd go with Cano and either Cain or Votto
Cano and Votto
Harper whatever you do....flip a coin on Votto and Cano
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

I agree with this
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

I agree with this

actually yeah, Harper and Cano, you can always get a stud 1B early in the draft, Cano is almost irreplaceable
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

I agree with this

actually yeah, Harper and Cano, you can always get a stud 1B early in the draft, Cano is almost irreplaceable

Good point....1B hitters are easy to find...elite 2B are rare
I'll probably go with Harper and Cano, seems to be a good way to go. Just wondering why not many said Cain?

I dont follow baseball as much as football. Last year was the first time doing fantasy baseball so that made me follow more than I ever have. Votto and Cano were my first two picks last year.
I'll probably go with Harper and Cano, seems to be a good way to go. Just wondering why not many said Cain?

I dont follow baseball as much as football. Last year was the first time doing fantasy baseball so that made me follow more than I ever have. Votto and Cano were my first two picks last year.

Cain is real solid fantasy wise, just not necessarily "elite" (Verlander, Strasburg, Kershaw). You wouldn't take Cain with a 1st round pick. You probably wouldn't take Harper with a 1st either, but his ceiling is way higher than Cain's in fantasy

Cain is real solid fantasy wise, just not necessarily "elite" (Verlander, Strasburg, Kershaw). You wouldn't take Cain with a 1st round pick. You probably wouldn't take Harper with a 1st either, but his ceiling is way higher than Cain's in fantasy

Thanks a lot for the help!

Also forgot to add Hanley Ramirez in that list but I didn't really think he's keeper worthy but I can play him at SS or 3B.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Also forgot to add Hanley Ramirez in that list but I didn't really think he's keeper worthy but I can play him at SS or 3B.

not over the guys we we previously suggested
Harper and Cano.

Hate to leave Votto out, but 2B is poo this year.
Cano is a given. No way you dont keep him. I'd lean towards Harper and Cano is a keeper league.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Harper and Cano.

Hate to leave Votto out, but 2B is poo this year.

Actually, C, 2B and SS are poo this year.
So I kept Cano and Harper and we just had our draft last night here's my team.

C: Yadier Molina, Saltalamacchia
1B: Albert Pujols, Billy Butler
2B: Cano
3B: Mark Trumbo, A-Rod
SS: Jimmy Rollins, Jeter
OF: Harper, Cespedes, Choo, Josh Reddick, Alfonso Soriano, Adam Dunn, Corey Hart

P: Jered Weaver, Cole Hamels, Vogelsong, Gallardo, Kuroda, Lance Lynn
RP: Jim Johnson, Fernando Rodney

It's a pretty small league so most of the teams are pretty stacked.
Share 49ersWebzone