LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

All or nothing best QB play: Luck or Kaepernick?

All or nothing best QB play: Luck or Kaepernick?

Ok it's desperate times for my fantasy team. I'm in second to last place, but I still have a shot at sneaking into the playoffs if I can win these last two games. And with the possibility that my RB core (Lynch, Murray, DMC) could be healthy for the playoffs means if I can sneak in I might actually have as good a chance as anyone.

So the question is, with everything on line this week, which Harbaugh product do I start? Luck has a great match up with the Bills at home. But I'm also pretty happy about picking up Kaepernick as a long shot add last week (had to drop Roethlesberger for someone) and think he could be the key to a late season miracle.

What do you think, zone?
I'm benching Eli at home against the Green Bay secondary in favor of Kaepernick. I'm also one game away from playoff elimination so I figured, f**k it.
Also, if you feel like weighing on a second question, who should I go with for my flex: James Jones at NYG or Dwyer at CLE?

Right now I have Dwyer in there but I'm not feeling too solid on that.
Play Luck at home against the Bills. You wont be sorry. Luck is going to tear them apart, and it should be a fairly high scoring game. Kaep faces a bad NO pass D, but in that dome, in only his 2nd career start? Its going to get real loud, and he hasnt experienced calling plays in that environment. IMO starting Kaep over the veteran Smith this week is a mistake on Harbaugh's part. Its going to be one of those games where a mistake due to inexperience could snowball the Saints momentum.

I would also start Dwyer. He will be getting the majority of the carries with the other RB's banged up, and the Browns arent very good. I dont see Jones being a great option this week.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I'm benching Eli at home against the Green Bay secondary in favor of Kaepernick. I'm also one game away from playoff elimination so I figured, f**k it.

Going to be a shoot out in NY
Luck

What if you start Kaep then Alex ends up starting lol
Had the exact same dilemma but hard Thursday deadline and I just didn't feel comfortable enough that Kap was going to start.

I'd go with Luck. I think Kap will put more points up but if Kap does struggle early there's a chance they go back to Alex mid game.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM ]
Well. Guess its back to Eli. I'm 75-80% sure Alex gets the start on Sunday.
Just about every site has Luck ranked higher. And now with the uncertainty it's tough play Kaep.

But I can still hope that Kaep does start, puts up crazy numbers, and gets a for sure start a week later.

Also still planning on Dwyer over Jones, and still wishing I was more excited about either one...

I dont see how you can be 75% sure that Alex starts when Kap got almost all the first team snaps. I would still start Kap this week against a poor NO defense.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I dont see how you can be 75% sure that Alex starts when Kap got almost all the first team snaps. I would still start Kap this week against a poor NO defense.

Lol, after they hid the fact that Kaepernick got most of the first team work all week until hours before Chicago game, nothing would surprise me.
In a similar situation, if I win the next 2 weeks I am in the playoffs, but now have a decision between Alex Smith, Carson Palmer and Kap. I think I am going with Carson Palmer, just in case I get unlucky with who starts (Alex or Kap).

Hope you went with Kap because so far Luck's done nothing.

I was practically begging someone to tell me to play Kap. I knew the Luck v Buffalo game was fool's gold.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
i have the same situation

should have went w/ kaep
Share 49ersWebzone