LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Trade ethics

Trade ethics

Here's the scenario:

Owner A has a 2-7 record with 5 more games to go. He's in a division with 3 owners who are 7-2. There are two divisions in this league (12 teams). The division winners advance to the playoffs in week 15 along with the remaining teams with the best records (regardless of what division they're in). Ties are determined by total points scored.

Owner A was just offered DeSean Jackson for Tony Gonzalez by Owner B (who has a 7-2 record and no tight end).

Oh btw, Owner A is also the real life father of Owner B.

Do you allow this trade or not?
Yes that is a somewhat fair trade
Allow, no doubt. In non PPR leagues they have the same exact amount of points.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Nov 12, 2012 at 6:39 AM ]
Allow it
You cant veto it. That deal isnt that one sided at all.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You cant veto it. That deal isnt that one sided at all.

agree
The dude with Tony Gonzalez was 2-7 (now 3-7). The dude with DeSean Jackson was 7-2 (now 8-2).

They are father and son. You guys really don't see collusion going on here? Gonz just scored 36 pts vs. Jackson's 11.

The 1st attempt was vetoed by the owners and they subsequently processed the same trade again which will probably be vetoed again.
I voted veto because I veto everything. Everything.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
The dude with Tony Gonzalez was 2-7 (now 3-7). The dude with DeSean Jackson was 7-2 (now 8-2).

They are father and son. You guys really don't see collusion going on here? Gonz just scored 36 pts vs. Jackson's 11.

The 1st attempt was vetoed by the owners and they subsequently processed the same trade again which will probably be vetoed again.

Tony G hasn't been that hot the last couple of weeks. It seemed more fair before today

Originally posted by YungAce:

Tony G hasn't been that hot the last couple of weeks. It seemed more fair before today

That's very true. But if you look at position rank, Tony is now the #1 TE while DeSean is in the 23-26 range for WR's.

You can start a max 2 TE (if flex) and 3 WR (if flex). The owner who has DeSean, and kudos to him for his draft strategy, also has Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Eric Decker. DeSean hasn't started a single snap for him. Oh and, after week 1, he persuaded the owner of Tony into trading him Trent Richardson for Alshon Jeffrey. And one more tidbit about the owner of Tony G, he picked Nate Burleson with his 2nd round pick.

In all honesty he isn't taking this season very seriously and just wants to do his son a favor. If you really feel this trade should go down I would really like to hear the logic. Money is on the line (1st $350, 2nd $150, 3rd $100).
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Nov 12, 2012 at 7:28 AM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:

That's very true. But if you look at position rank, Tony is now the #1 TE while DeSean is in the 23-26 range for WR's.

You can start a max 2 TE (if flex) and 3 WR (if flex). The owner who has DeSean, and kudos to him for his draft strategy, also has Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Eric Decker. DeSean hasn't started a single snap for him. Oh and, after week 1, he persuaded the owner of Tony into trading him Trent Richardson for Alshon Jeffrey. And one more tidbit about the owner of Tony G, he picked Nate Burleson with his 2nd round pick.

In all honesty he isn't taking this season very seriously and just wants to do his son a favor. If you really feel this trade should go down I would really like to hear the logic. Money is on the line (1st $350, 2nd $150, 3rd $100).
Have you expressed your concern to them? Maybe they don't realize that they may be pushing the envelope. Are they newbs? I'd be upset if I was in that league if you didn't shut that down.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
That trade isn't even remotely vetoable. That's a 100% completely fair trade.

Your league mates should absolutely never have allowed that ridiculous Trent Richardson trade or allowed this crappy fantasy player into your league who drafted Nate Burleson with his 2nd round pick.

However, putting those two things aside....and judging this trade on his own merit. Desean/Tony G is a fair swap. Completely fair.
Originally posted by crzy:
That trade isn't even remotely vetoable. That's a 100% completely fair trade.

Your league mates should absolutely never have allowed that ridiculous Trent Richardson trade or allowed this crappy fantasy player into your league who drafted Nate Burleson with his 2nd round pick.

However, putting those two things aside....and judging this trade on his own merit. Desean/Tony G is a fair swap. Completely fair.

So as a commish should he ignore that fact that his dad (if I read it right) prolly wouldn't offer this to any other owners? I wouldn't be surprised if his dad just gave him the log in info and said "sure son have at it".
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Desean Jackson for Tony Gonzales is a fair trade in any and every single format.

That's what I'm saying.

The situation besides that doesn't matter.
Share 49ersWebzone