LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 371 users in the forums

***Fantasy Basketball Thread***

• jrg
  • Veteran
Figured I'd create a general thread for the NBA fantasy as well. Please keep all non-league related talk in this thread
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I know the season is already a few games in...but I'm kinda interested in joining a HUGE fantasy basketball league. Maybe a 20 team league? Any interest?
Never played but I'm down
is it time to drop Ersan Ilyasova or should i stash him for couple more weeks to see if he gets hot and returns to his last season performance?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by battletowin:
is it time to drop Ersan Ilyasova or should i stash him for couple more weeks to see if he gets hot and returns to his last season performance?

I dropped him in my league but Im struggling and already have an injured K Love. I needed some points I know nobody in my league will pick him up before me so I'm safe I think. He's been pretty lame so far though.
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by battletowin:

I dropped him in my league but Im struggling and already have an injured K Love. I needed some points I know nobody in my league will pick him up before me so I'm safe I think. He's been pretty lame so far though.

im in the same situation also having an injured K Love. right now the season is still young hopefully Ilyasova turns it around or we find someone better through the waiver wire
I'm confused how the scoring system works in Roto leagues on ESPN... I really don't understand how the standings work... very confused can one help me understand this
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
I'm confused how the scoring system works in Roto leagues on ESPN... I really don't understand how the standings work... very confused can one help me understand this

Rotisserie, or "Roto," is the most common way to play fantasy basketball. In this scoring type teams are ranked from first to last in each statistical category. Points are then awarded according to the order in each category, then totaled to determine an overall score and league rank.

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/resources/help/faq?name=how-do-roto-standings-work
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Need 1 guy for my league...draft tonight

WZ Basketball 2013
bump

Hey zoners,

I got a fantasy basketball question for you all.

I need to pick my keepers for next year, and I can keep up to 3 players at their original draft round. Now, this is a little tricky, because my league is more FF style. It's head to head points, weekly match up, with a certain number of starting spots. So basically, any stat = points. Percentages and all that don't matter.

Also, it's a non-snake draft, and as last year's champion I get the number 7 pick in every round (bottom 6 teams get lotto picks from 1-6, then playoff teams in order of rank). All kinda screwy, I know.

But here are my main keeper options with draft round:

Westbrook - 1st
Carmelo - 2nd
David Lee - 3rd
Monta Ellis - 4th
Luol Deng - 6th
Kemba Walker - 9th

So Melo is pretty much a lock. Walker is by far the best value. I like Lee and Ellis a lot.

The real question is, do I take Westbrook with my #1 pick (7th overall), even though he'll miss the first 4-6 weeks, or do I gamble and hope he's still there in the mid rounds? I've had him for two years now and he's the main reason I've been so successful. Since we can keep players up to 5 years, I'm hesitant to risk losing him.

Which guys would you keep?
[ Edited by TheFunkyChicken on Oct 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM ]
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Hey zoners,

I need to pick my keepers for next year, and I can keep up to 3 players at their original draft round. Now, this is a little tricky, because my league is more FF style. It's head to head points, weekly match up, with a certain number of starting spots. So basically, any stat = points. Percentages and all that don't matter.

Also, it's a non-snake draft, and as last year's champion I get the number 7 pick in every round (bottom 6 teams get lotto picks from 1-6, then playoff teams in order of rank). All kinda screwy, I know.

Westbrook - 1st
Carmelo - 2nd
David Lee - 3rd
Monta Ellis - 4th
Luol Deng - 6th
Kemba Walker - 9th

So Melo is pretty much a lock. Walker is by far the best value. I like Lee and Ellis a lot.

The real question is, do I take Westbrook with my #1 pick (7th overall), even though he'll miss the first 4-6 weeks, or do I gamble and hope he's still there in the mid rounds? I've had him for two years now and he's the main reason I've been so successful. Since we can keep players up to 5 years, I'm hesitant to risk losing him.

I'd roll the dice on Westbrook and NOT keep him. I'd go Melo, Lee, and Walker. Although, I'd understand switching Lee out with Ellis. If you REALLY wanted to keep Westbrook then I'd go Westbrook, Melo, and Walker. That way you still have your mid-round picks available to make some moves with.
Originally posted by GameOver:
Hey zoners,

Westbrook - 1st
Carmelo - 2nd
David Lee - 3rd
Monta Ellis - 4th
Luol Deng - 6th
Kemba Walker - 9th

I'd roll the dice on Westbrook and NOT keep him. I'd go Melo, Lee, and Walker. Although, I'd understand switching Lee out with Ellis. If you REALLY wanted to keep Westbrook then I'd go Westbrook, Melo, and Walker. That way you still have your mid-round picks available to make some moves with.
Thanks for the advice, GameOver.

I ended up going with option B: keeping Westbrook, Melo and Walker

I know that's going to hurt for the first chunk of the season. But I just didn't want to risk giving up Westbrook. With our scoring system, he's one of the top 5 or so players every year. And keeping him and Melo together should give me a shot at a championship every year.

It's interesting though, looking at the keepers people kept, the draft slots, and the players available to draft. Basically, with so many high round keepers, I effectively pick 15th (3rd round) and 22nd (4th). Looking at the players left in that 12th-25th ranking zone I have a real good shot at ending up with Ellis and Lee again. Which I would happily do.

Other guys I like in that range are: Noah, Bosh, Lopez, Lillard, Ilyasova, Bledsoe, Griffin and West
Originally posted by GameOver:
Hey zoners,

Westbrook - 1st
Carmelo - 2nd
David Lee - 3rd
Monta Ellis - 4th
Luol Deng - 6th
Kemba Walker - 9th

Thanks for the advice, GameOver.

I ended up going with option B: keeping Westbrook, Melo and Walker

I know that's going to hurt for the first chunk of the season. But I just didn't want to risk giving up Westbrook. With our scoring system, he's one of the top 5 or so players every year. And keeping him and Melo together should give me a shot at a championship every year.

It's interesting though, looking at the keepers people kept, the draft slots, and the players available to draft. Basically, with so many high round keepers, I effectively pick 15th (3rd round) and 22nd (4th). Looking at the players left in that 12th-25th ranking zone I have a real good shot at ending up with Ellis and Lee again. Which I would happily do.

Other guys I like in that range are: Noah, Bosh, Lopez, Lillard, Ilyasova, Bledsoe, Griffin and West

Presuming %s don't hurt you, I like those 3 myself.

*Edit: And with Westbrook out, it'd be nice to have a guard or two to step in while he's gone early on.
[ Edited by GameOver on Oct 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM ]
I need 1 more person to join my league that I have with my friends. Its an 8 man league. Draft tonight at 630PM. Anyone interested? PM your email address if you are.
Share 49ersWebzone