There are 182 users in the forums

#3 pick, RB or Rodgers?

• TX9R
  • Veteran
This wouldn't have been a question a few years ago but I'm torn. My league gives 6 for all TDs. Not having a top 5 QB is a real disadvatage, esp the last few years as I generally don't take them before the 3rd. Input?
I would pick Rodgers #1
[ Edited by YungAce on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:57 PM ]
easy...6 for all TD...take a QB first...Rodgers, Bress, Brady..can't go wrong...
I say take a stud RB and get a quality QB in the 2nd. You can probably get Stafford, Newton, or Vick. And a top 4 QB might even drop.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Don't take a QB in the first unless it's a 2 QB league.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Dude, 6 points for QB TDs?

Easily Rodgers....
We're gonna knock Rodgers out in the first game for at least a few weeks, so take a RB.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dwy621:
I say take a stud RB and get a quality QB in the 2nd. You can probably get Stafford, Newton, or Vick. And a top 4 QB might even drop.

this
Originally posted by crzy:
Don't take a QB in the first unless it's a 2 QB league.

this

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
We're gonna knock Rodgers out in the first game for at least a few weeks, so take a RB.

and this
Rodgers can single handedly win you a game.
dont take a QB in the 1st round unless your like pick 8 or 9.. You pass up on either McCoy, Foster, or Ray Rice .. to get rodgers then when you get to pick again at 18 and the rest of the league all took RBs your stuck with Tim hightower or reggie bush..

I understand Qbs are valueable.. but you have to look at what they get you at their position.. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Stafford are capable of 4-5 TD games.

There is 3-4 Elite backs and the further the draft goes along the RBs dry up quickkk.. QBs on the other hand dont.. Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Vick, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan even Romo at times are all capable of having 4 TD games .. Hope many running backs do you know that are capable and depended on like Ray Rice, McCoy , Foster, and IMO Sleeper Darren McFadden You wont get anything near their talent at pick 18 but QB might get one of those 4 at spot or could always get one of the others mentioned in like the 5th - 7th rounds.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fricker:
dont take a QB in the 1st round unless your like pick 8 or 9.. You pass up on either McCoy, Foster, or Ray Rice .. to get rodgers then when you get to pick again at 18 and the rest of the league all took RBs your stuck with Tim hightower or reggie bush..

I understand Qbs are valueable.. but you have to look at what they get you at their position.. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Stafford are capable of 4-5 TD games.

There is 3-4 Elite backs and the further the draft goes along the RBs dry up quickkk.. QBs on the other hand dont.. Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Vick, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan even Romo at times are all capable of having 4 TD games .. Hope many running backs do you know that are capable and depended on like Ray Rice, McCoy , Foster, and IMO Sleeper Darren McFadden You wont get anything near their talent at pick 18 but QB might get one of those 4 at spot or could always get one of the others mentioned in like the 5th - 7th rounds.

I think things are just different now. RBs are much more likely to get hurt and pretty much every 1st round RB I've taken in the last year has done so. I think there's going to a handful of suprise guys in middle rounds that will produce close to what many of the top 4-5 guys may. I kind of want the guaranteed points week in, week out the the elite QB will snag. Those other guys are capable, but not on a week to week basis. I've pretty much decided on Rodgers.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

I agree
Originally posted by TX9R:
I think things are just different now. RBs are much more likely to get hurt and pretty much every 1st round RB I've taken in the last year has done so. I think there's going to a handful of suprise guys in middle rounds that will produce close to what many of the top 4-5 guys may. I kind of want the guaranteed points week in, week out the the elite QB will snag. Those other guys are capable, but not on a week to week basis. I've pretty much decided on Rodgers.

Things aren't different now. What is different is all qbs are scoring more than other positions because its.becoming a more.pass orinated league. Bit that's just it all qbs are scoring more. You are just focused on rodgers. You go ahead and take rodgers person behind you better shake your had at #4 and thank you for giving him a top 3 back. Injuries happen at all positions they are not controlled. Rbs have a higher chance yes, because they have the line blocking for them only part of the time. You take rodgers and Reggie bush , ill gladly take Stafford and any of the top 3 backs. And any game rodgers doesn't throw 4 tds for 450 yds you are getting smashed on. Even when he does good chance Stafford matches it. Fantasy football drafts is about value .. rodgers at 3 is not value
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Things aren't different now. What is different is all qbs are scoring more than other positions because its.becoming a more.pass orinated league. Bit that's just it all qbs are scoring more. You are just focused on rodgers. You go ahead and take rodgers person behind you better shake your had at #4 and thank you for giving him a top 3 back. Injuries happen at all positions they are not controlled. Rbs have a higher chance yes, because they have the line blocking for them only part of the time. You take rodgers and Reggie bush , ill gladly take Stafford and any of the top 3 backs. And any game rodgers doesn't throw 4 tds for 450 yds you are getting smashed on. Even when he does good chance Stafford matches it. Fantasy football drafts is about value .. rodgers at 3 is not value

I would too if I thought Stafford would be there. I don't. I got crushed last year because of lousy QBing. If it was standard scoring it would be a no brainer but it isn't, QBs are way overvalued in this league and they go fast.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Exactly why I think you should take the running back early. You want to find the guy who you're most comfortable with and take him because if you wait and take the best option available chances are you're going to get a dud as your top running back.

QB's are alot more certain. I know what Matt Ryan or Matthew Stafford is going to bring to the table should I pass on a qb.
Share 49ersWebzone