There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL: Your #1 Pick (Draft Strategy Thread)

where do you guys do your draft research? any suggestions? my homie draft is tomorrow and i'm a little rusty.. i didn't join last year
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,925
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
where do you guys do your draft research? any suggestions? my homie draft is tomorrow and i'm a little rusty.. i didn't join last year

research such as what?
for the draft itself..mocks.. rookies.. sleepers.. injuries.. etc..
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,925
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
for the draft itself..mocks.. rookies.. sleepers.. injuries.. etc..

Not really sure how to answer this question.


Sleepers/ injuries
kffl.com has good info up to the minute. But i'm also in a dynasty league now that has updated players notes. which is good for tracking info on players. (though it can also be bad. don't always believe what you read. lol)

rookies
just have to pay attention to who went where in april and what the team did in free agency and their needs as you perceive it to be.



Mocks
I for one like Antsports.com You can choose your league size and requirements, But it has a 12 hour pick period and can take a couple weeks or more to finish. But for the most part has more serious owners mocking. Atleast until they miss a turn

But Yahoo also has mock drafts you can also choose league size and requirements (i believe) but too many yahoos (pun intended) join there cause they have one every like 15 minutes.

Then while mocking I just try different strategies to see what team/strategy looks the best. As far as how long to wait for a QB or RB etc....

Obviously it's easier if you know your draft position beforehand. Then on both sites you choose that draft position and get a better feel.

But other than that I really can't answer that question.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,925
Originally posted by krizay:
Anyone who doesn't take Foster #1 is an idiot!

..
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,298
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by krizay:
Anyone who doesn't take Foster #1 is an idiot!

..

Foster has been so consistant and he hasnt even had a big game yet ...Im talking 23-30+ points which he is due for a couple at some point.

By far worth the #1 pick, more than any other RB.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by krizay:
Anyone who doesn't take Foster #1 is an idiot!

..

Foster has been so consistant and he hasnt even had a big game yet ...Im talking 23-30+ points which he is due for a couple at some point.

By far worth the #1 pick, more than any other RB.
I had thought about having Rice above Foster, just because he doesn't have Ben Tate around.

Doesn't matter because I picked 8th. But I don't think the logic was idiotic. Wrong, perhaps....
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,925
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by krizay:
Anyone who doesn't take Foster #1 is an idiot!

..

Foster has been so consistant and he hasnt even had a big game yet ...Im talking 23-30+ points which he is due for a couple at some point.

By far worth the #1 pick, more than any other RB.
I had thought about having Rice above Foster, just because he doesn't have Ben Tate around.

Doesn't matter because I picked 8th. But I don't think the logic was idiotic. Wrong, perhaps....

Foster had Tate there last year plus missed parts of 2 games which hurt his FPG average but he STILL was the leading non QB fantasy player last year. Then you take into account his division compared to Rice's or McCoys and it's a no brainer. Unless you were a Balt diehard or Philly Diehard there was no way Foster shouldn't have been the #1 pick.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,298
Originally posted by krizay:
Foster had Tate there last year plus missed parts of 2 games which hurt his FPG average but he STILL was the leading non QB fantasy player last year. Then you take into account his division compared to Rice's or McCoys and it's a no brainer. Unless you were a Balt diehard or Philly Diehard there was no way Foster shouldn't have been the #1 pick.

Rice will get his yards.

But Texans feed Arian the ball on the goal line ALL DAY. He gets a lot of TDs... puts him over the top.