There are 240 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
FIRE SALE

EVERYONE but Posey, Bumgarner, and probably Chapman is available. I'll probably keep Granderson once again since he'd be great value (4th round cost). Looking for picks for next season.

4th highest scoring team to date, worst record nobody has had more bad luck than me in this league, NOOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYY

nobody complains more either
Originally posted by crzy:
FIRE SALE

EVERYONE but Posey, Bumgarner, and probably Chapman is available. I'll probably keep Granderson once again since he'd be great value (4th round cost). Looking for picks for next season.

4th highest scoring team to date, worst record nobody has had more bad luck than me in this league, NOOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYY

nobody complains more either

as well nobody should
I have a question, if I trade Texeira to someone for their 1st round pick, but he keeps him, do I still have two 1st rounders?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I have a question, if I trade Texeira to someone for their 1st round pick, but he keeps him, do I still have two 1st rounders?

Yes you would

And that means that whoever trades a 1st for Mark Teixeira would not be able to subsequently keep him because he would no longer have a first round pick with which to keep him.

If ninerlifer for instance, traded his first for Mark Teixeira, he would no longer be able to keep either Votto or Teixeira, since both would require a 1st round pick to keep.

People need to be very very careful when trading away future draft picks in this league.

Yes you would

And that means that whoever trades a 1st for Mark Teixeira would not be able to subsequently keep him because he would no longer have a first round pick with which to keep him.

If ninerlifer for instance, traded his first for Mark Teixeira, he would no longer be able to keep either Votto or Teixeira, since both would require a 1st round pick to keep.

People need to be very very careful when trading away future draft picks in this league.

Crazy rules in this league.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yes you would

it IS crzy's league
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yes you would

...but it is my understanding that it applies only for 1st round...right? Let's say I trade my 4th round pick right now, I can still keep Stanton if I want to right...by giving up my 3rd rounder? (note: Stanton was drafted in round 7 two years ago and will cost a 4th rounder to keep next year)
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Yes you would

...but it is my understanding that it applies only for 1st round...right? Let's say I trade my 4th round pick right now, I can still keep Stanton if I want to right...by giving up my 3rd rounder? (note: Stanton was drafted in round 7 two years ago and will cost a 4th rounder to keep next year)

That would make sense to me. On another note.. quit fricking making trades and giving away your best players to teams I am playing in that week!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

You are completely correct.

The way I see it, that's perfectly fair because you're giving up a higher round pick (3rd round) then you would have originally (4th round).

But it wouldn't be fair for someone to trade away their first round pick and then subsequently keep a player with a keeper value of the first round.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

You are completely correct.

The way I see it, that's perfectly fair because you're giving up a higher round pick (3rd round) then you would have originally (4th round).

But it wouldn't be fair for someone to trade away their first round pick and then subsequently keep a player with a keeper value of the first round.

Then it's not confusing at all.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Yeah the rules are a bit insane, which is why this could never be a money league lol.

But only because of all the loopholes caused by trading away future draft picks.

Most leagues that have a keeper set-up like this do not allow you to trade future draft picks for precisely this situation
Naitch is going to have a walk over next week. Konerko, Ortiz, Cuddyer, Street... all out. I cant field a full team,
Might make sense to just eliminate divisions next year and just have the top 6 teams advance. Might have a team with a losing record make the playoffs.
Might make sense to just eliminate divisions next year and just have the top 6 teams advance. Might have a team with a losing record make the playoffs.

funny, I was thinking the same thing today
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Probably a good idea.
Share 49ersWebzone