LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Playoff Clinch Celebration Thread.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Post here if you clinched a playoff spot. Put your seed, record.... lineup optional.

1st
11-1

Made some big trades, some have worked some havent.

Traded Nate Washington + Kendall Hunter for CJ Spiller and Percy Harvin
I dropped Spiller awhile back, no hes starting. Harvin has been really solid the last 2 weeks hopefully onward.

Traded Michael Bush + Aaron Hernandez for Darren Sproles + Ed Dickson
I used Sproles to package with Eric Decker to pick up MJD - Win.

I traded Michael Turner for Andre Johnson who just came back this week. FAIL trade. Stupid f**king trade. But hopefully AJ can produce come playoffs next week.

My biggest trade - Ray Rice + Jimmy Graham for Aaron Rodgers + Scott Chandler

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: MJD
RB: Ryan Mathews
Flex: Percy Harvin/DeAngelo Williams/Peyton Hillis
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Andre Johnson/Anotnio Brown
TE: Scott Chandler/Ed Dickson
D: Jets
K: Robbie Gould

Bench:
Donald Brown RB-Indy
Damian Williams WR-Tenn
Danny Woodhead

I have made some big moves. Hopefully they lead to a championship!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 28, 2011 at 12:56 PM ]
Who do you have left from your original squad??!!
damn you got ripped off on most of your trades lmao
Originally posted by YungAce:

Lol this lol
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Yeah... well. I still have managed to lock the #1 seed. My team still leads the league in points.

I think Rodgers will have more value than Ray Rice + Jimmy Graham come play off time.

If I can almost cover there point spread with 1 guy instead of 2 and get decent production from the rest of the squad I think I could dominate. We shall see.
It sounds crazy I know. But I have a plan.
just clinched a spot with an incredible win tonight. 9-3 now with 2 weeks to go in the reg. season.

I was down by 36 going into tonights game, and had Brees and Colston. Brees scored me 37 like a MAN and Colston padded the win. I was down HUGE coming into tonight, and came out winning by 10 pts.
Originally posted by Garcia:

Yeah... well. I still have managed to lock the #1 seed. My team still leads the league in points.

I think Rodgers will have more value than Ray Rice + Jimmy Graham come play off time.

If I can almost cover there point spread with 1 guy instead of 2 and get decent production from the rest of the squad I think I could dominate. We shall see.

the reason that trade wasnt very good is scarcity. Rodgers is a beast at QB, but the difference between Rodgers and the other top 10 QB isnt as dramatic as the difference between Jimmy Graham and everyone elses TE, and Ray Rice vs. everyone elses RB2.

Itll probably work out for you in the playoffs, but even though it worked out, in theory the trade wasnt good.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I might have to make this the thread I cry into. I'm likely going to JUST BARELY miss out on the winners tier of the playoffs in my one league (might be tied, but I think I will lose the tie breaker), and suddenly the league I was doing great in I'm crashing and burning, thanks to AP being injured and Manning and Nicks not producing the fantastic numbers they did early on. Rough year for me, but I still love to play the game.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
the reason that trade wasnt very good is scarcity. Rodgers is a beast at QB, but the difference between Rodgers and the other top 10 QB isnt as dramatic as the difference between Jimmy Graham and everyone elses TE, and Ray Rice vs. everyone elses RB2.

Itll probably work out for you in the playoffs, but even though it worked out, in theory the trade wasnt good.

You act like I didn't know what the ramifications of the trade was.

I know. Graham went off this week. But Rice did nothing. Besides 3 games of 26 Rice hasn't been that spectacular. Losing Jimmy Graham hurts but if I can get 26 PPG from one guy, I can surely make up the difference of 2 points elsewhere.

What about your team?

I understand it completely and was referring to all of your trades BUT the Rodgers one. Rodgers is worth a ton since he guarantees you 30+ every week. I originally drafted him this season and traded julio jones, steven jackson, brandon pettigrew, james starks, and cadillac williams for ray rice, jimmy graham, hakeem nicks, matt ryan, alex smith, and lance moore. I've won 8 straight games since and am now in 1st while my trade partner is tied for second. It wasn't much of a drop-off for him either since he's found replacements to make up for the few pts lost by graham. Surprisingly, the trade ultimately worked out for both of us when on paper it looks like he was ripped off badly.
[ Edited by YungAce on Nov 30, 2011 at 1:39 AM ]

4th 7-5
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
4th 7-5

at least your in.

hopefully you get good matchups.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

I understand it completely and was referring to all of your trades BUT the Rodgers one. Rodgers is worth a ton since he guarantees you 30+ every week. I originally drafted him this season and traded julio jones, steven jackson, brandon pettigrew, james starks, and cadillac williams for ray rice, jimmy graham, hakeem nicks, matt ryan, alex smith, and lance moore. I've won 8 straight games since and am now in 1st while my trade partner is tied for second. It wasn't much of a drop-off for him either since he's found replacements to make up for the few pts lost by graham. Surprisingly, the trade ultimately worked out for both of us when on paper it looks like he was ripped off badly.

The only one I really regret is the Michael Turner traded for Andre Johnson. Although, I knew he would be hurt, but I thought he'd be back in 3 weeks not 6. But hes back now. At the time, Turner was AVGing like 2.3 YPC. He was surviving on TDs. He hasn't been completely on fire but hes been +10 points per week. So, its a costly trade. Hopefully one that will pay dividends.
I'm in the playoffs in both of my leagues.

10-2 in one league and 8-3-1 in the other.
Originally posted by Niners99:

You act like I didn't know what the ramifications of the trade was.

I know. Graham went off this week. But Rice did nothing. Besides 3 games of 26 Rice hasn't been that spectacular. Losing Jimmy Graham hurts but if I can get 26 PPG from one guy, I can surely make up the difference of 2 points elsewhere.

What about your team?

QB- Drew Brees
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB- Frank Gore
Flex- Marshawn Lynch
WR- Mike Wallace
WR- Steve Smith
TE- Jason Witten
D/ST- Bengals/Giants
K- David Akers

im starting Colston at flex since AP is out this week.
Share 49ersWebzone