LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

My big "swindle" of a trade totally blew up in my face!

AAAARRRGG!!!

A few days ago I made what I thought was an awesome trade that could, just maybe, save my season. I really thought I was getting the better end of the deal. But today, it totally backfired on me.

I gave up Tebow, Roddy, Blount, and Ogbonnaya and got Larry Fitzgerald and Stephen Jackson.

Looks great for me right? I gave up unreliable starters, a back up QB, and an injury flyer and got two top 10 players. What could go wrong?

Well, every player I traded away scored 20 points. And not only did Fitz and SJax have bad games, but the flex starter I used instead of Ogbonnaya (Tolbert) also had a terrible day.

All in all, this trade cost me 40 points this week. Which is probably ten points more than I'm going to lose by.

And my long shot chance to make the playoffs just turned into no chance.

That's what I get for dealing for NFC West players....
so sorry lol
Originally posted by zillabeast:
so sorry lol

*Sigh*

What can you do?

Sorry to b!tch and moan... Had to vent somewhere...
That is a good trade for you doe
Originally posted by marshniners24:
That is a good trade for you doe

Except that I'm 4-6 and in 8th place in a 12 team league. Meaning, the most important thing was for me to win now, not build for a few weeks from now.

Sure, based on value it was a great trade for me. And since I had depth but needed some upgrades, and the other was wiped out with injuries and needed multiple starters, it really seemed like a good move for both of us.

Well, now I'm in a great position to win the consolation playoffs....
This big swindle sounds a lot like the big nickel. Nice job Nowin.
At least Fitz got a TD
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
AAAARRRGG!!!

A few days ago I made what I thought was an awesome trade that could, just maybe, save my season. I really thought I was getting the better end of the deal. But today, it totally backfired on me.

I gave up Tebow, Roddy, Blount, and Ogbonnaya and got Larry Fitzgerald and Stephen Jackson.

Looks great for me right? I gave up unreliable starters, a back up QB, and an injury flyer and got two top 10 players. What could go wrong?

Well, every player I traded away scored 20 points. And not only did Fitz and SJax have bad games, but the flex starter I used instead of Ogbonnaya (Tolbert) also had a terrible day.

All in all, this trade cost me 40 points this week. Which is probably ten points more than I'm going to lose by.

And my long shot chance to make the playoffs just turned into no chance.

That's what I get for dealing for NFC West players....

thats a terrible trade.
Originally posted by Garcia:
thats a terrible trade.

Only if he had a crystal ball.
swindle??? More looks like you got worked in my opinion.. Why would you trade Roddy White with Julio Jones coming back healthy, Blount now that hes healthy, Tebow is always a wildcard at QB as hes more a RB in the QB position with option to throw the ball, Ogbay is just worthless but those 3 alone arent worth trading IMO. Why would you take 2 guys from the NFC West who still have to play us more Steven Jackson 2 times, id take Roddy and Blount all day none the less givng them tebow also.

Originally posted by HomestarRunner:

i dont think a crystal ball is needed, just a pair of eye glasses and the internet would have told u not to take that trade.
Originally posted by Fricker:
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:

i dont think a crystal ball is needed, just a pair of eye glasses and the internet would have told u not to take that trade.

Look, I was as big a believer in Roddy and Blount as anyone. That's why I drafted them. But through the first 10 weeks they were terrible. Jackson and Fitz had way more points than them. And sure, I liked Roddy and Blount more, but they were making me look stupid.

Moreover, I was at the bottom of the league in points and sitting on a 4-6 record. It was desperation trade time, and frankly, I was pretty stoked to get two "top ten" players for guys I either wasn't going to start or had massively under performed ALL YEAR.

Yes, I would have been better off not making that trade. And if you want to act like you could have seen Roddy and Blount turning it around after 10 weeks of suck then fine. You're obviously way better at fake football than I am (and since I'm at the bottom of league it looks like you're not the only one). But many others in my league thought I was robbing this guy.
I know how you feel. It seems like every move I made this year blew up in my face too. 5-6 and there's at least 3 games that I blew just by over thinking things. Last year I could do know wrong and this year it's the complete opposite.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I know how you feel. It seems like every move I made this year blew up in my face too. 5-6 and there's at least 3 games that I blew just by over thinking things. Last year I could do know wrong and this year it's the complete opposite.

All of a sudden I feel clueless and terrible at fake football....

I'm wondering if some of it is spending too much time listening to and reading "expert" opinions. I did a lot more of that this year. And a lot of the moves I made were conventional thinking type moves, not going with my original feelings.

I guess I'm not the only one having a down year...
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
All of a sudden I feel clueless and terrible at fake football....

I'm wondering if some of it is spending too much time listening to and reading "expert" opinions. I did a lot more of that this year. And a lot of the moves I made were conventional thinking type moves, not going with my original feelings.

I guess I'm not the only one having a down year...

I make dumb moves all the time, every week in fact! Don't trip.
Share 49ersWebzone