Ed Dickson TE/Balt
Donald Brown
Danny Woodhead

My trade which was accepted:

Ray Rice + Jimmy Graham + Matt Hasselbeck for Aaron Rodgers + Scott Chandler

... do you think this was a good trade?

And who should I put in as my flex?
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 16, 2011 at 9:34 PM ]
I don't like that for either teams. But id rather have ray rice and company.
I think you slightly won this trade.. The big names you received makes it seem as if you won by a landslide, but after looking at your team, it's a lot closer than you think. Andre could've been your FLEX instead of Ryan Mathews who would have just started as your 2nd back. Antonio Brown seems like a lot for 8 pts a week at least and could've stayed cemented at your #2 WR position. Your only weakness was at TE, but I'm sure you could have survived with Rodgers making up for that and more.

Then again, you really balanced it out and you replaced Rodgers with very consistent players. hmm hmm
Originally posted by YungAce:
I think you slightly won this trade.. The big names you received makes it seem as if you won by a landslide, but after looking at your team, it's a lot closer than you think. Andre could've been your FLEX instead of Ryan Mathews who would have just started as your 2nd back. Antonio Brown seems like a lot for 8 pts a week at least and could've stayed cemented at your #2 WR position. Your only weakness was at TE, but I'm sure you could have survived with Rodgers making up for that and more.

Then again, you really balanced it out and you replaced Rodgers with very consistent players. hmm hmm

I think you have it mixed up
Originally posted by est1985:
Originally posted by YungAce:

I think you have it mixed up

oh you're right, he listed his current roster..

i think he slightly lost this trade then lol. it's pretty even. if matt leinart proves to be anything other than a passing vagina, then i like the trade because it'll mean that andre can produce as his flex/wr
  • krizay
  • Veteran
You were/are 9-1 despite of Schaub as your QB. Not because of Schaub as your QB. he averaged 17.15 ppg. Hasslebeck averages 16.70. Barely any drop off. You hit the panic button for no reason. You easily could have played a QBBC approach and been alright.
Bad trade for you. You gave up a top 5 RB and the top TE in football because you panicked at QB. When you are 9-1 and solid in all positions you dont need the best QB to win. Schaub was good but not great yet you have still dominated. I'm sure Hasselback or a QB on the wire could have done enough to keep you at the top.

I would not have ever made the trade.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Nov 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM ]
I don't like this trade for you either. Yes, Rodgers is a beast, and you clearly upgraded at QB. But you weakened yourself at RB and TE. I think your team was very solid at all positions and that would have made up for Schaub going down.

Who was available at QB on the waiver wire? And who is the owners other QB that traded you Rodgers?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I don't like this trade for you either. Yes, Rodgers is a beast, and you clearly upgraded at QB. But you weakened yourself at RB and TE. I think your team was very solid at all positions and that would have made up for Schaub going down.

Who was available at QB on the waiver wire? And who is the owners other QB that traded you Rodgers?

I was gonna roll with Hasselbeck. I was considering picking up Leinart just incase.

Heres why I made it. I didn't panic because Schaub went down. But I was shopping around.

If I wanted to upgrade my QB, I wanted to get the best QB out there. and the #1 Fantasy scorer in the league.

Rodgers averages 26 PPG ... Ray Rice+Jimmy Graham avg 28 ppg combined.

I still feel like I am solid @ RB with MJD/Mathews and Receiver Bowe/AJohnson/AntonioBrown/Harvin

my tight end, Dickson is coming off a strong game (19 points) . Hopefully he can continue to produce modest numbers.

If Dickson produces min 5 - 8 ppg and I can find a flex who can do the same (Antonio Brown or Percy Harvin) ..

Then I think i'll be ok. Maybe the trade wasn't necessary. But Oh well. We shall see.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Besides Ray Rice with the exception of 2 games of +25 points hasn't been spectacular.

Share 49ersWebzone