There are 274 users in the forums

Surprising trade offer

• krizay
  • Veteran
Dude has Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton and his RB2 and WR2 are a bit weak. I seen he put Newton on the trading block for a RB or WR. Bowe and Foster are really the only 2 players I assumed would net Newton straight up. I wasn't willing to do either, considering I had Stafford. So I offered him Stafford and Boldin for Vernon Davis and Newton. As he also has Owen Daniels and i'm on a TE carousel. He declines then offers me Newton for Starks.

What the F am I missing here?
Originally posted by krizay:
Dude has Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton and his RB2 and WR2 are a bit weak. I seen he put Newton on the trading block for a RB or WR. Bowe and Foster are really the only 2 players I assumed would net Newton straight up. I wasn't willing to do either, considering I had Stafford. So I offered him Stafford and Boldin for Vernon Davis and Newton. As he also has Owen Daniels and i'm on a TE carousel. He declines then offers me Newton for Starks.

What the F am I missing here?

Maybe he selected Starks by mistake... ?

That trade would get vetoed though lol.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Maybe he selected Starks by mistake... ?

That trade would get vetoed though lol.

Well the commish said on draft day that if you vote no on a trade he wants you to explain why and if it's because another team is getting better the veto won't fly.
Well the commish said on draft day that if you vote no on a trade he wants you to explain why and if it's because another team is getting better the veto won't fly.

That ryhme flowed nicely!
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

That ryhme flowed nicely!

lulz. It did.
don't do it!
[ Edited by YungAce on Oct 27, 2011 at 10:39 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
don't do it!

I almost wasn't able to. Damn near killed my mouse trying to rush and hit the accept button.

Why else would you veto a trade? Your commish is wack! Yeah you heard me and you can tell him I said so, He wack!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:
Why else would you veto a trade? Your commish is wack! Yeah you heard me and you can tell him I said so, He wack!!

Collusion is the ONLY reason to veto a trade. This was not. Truth of the matter is I probably shouldn't have done this trade. His problem he has Aaron rodgers and no RB's, with NO ONE else in the league willing to trade. Now I have Newton and Stafford with NO ONE willing to trade for me to upgrade my other areas. So he actually stands to get more points from Starks than i'll get from Newton.

There are only 3 teams in this league (14 teams) willig to trade. Me, this guy and his son (the commish). We all need RB's so it's hard for us to trade with each other.
Hell I got AP for Newton. The raw fact is he is the 2nd highest scoring player in FF and will continue to be for the rest of the year.

All the naysayers who continue to believe his rookie dropoff will kick in...sorry, ain't gonna happen lol! A lot of people didn't like him coming out of Auburn and now he's the greatest rookie QB to play since Peyton...maybe better. Just go with it.

Originally posted by zillabeast:
Hell I got AP for Newton. The raw fact is he is the 2nd highest scoring player in FF and will continue to be for the rest of the year.

All the naysayers who continue to believe his rookie dropoff will kick in...sorry, ain't gonna happen lol! A lot of people didn't like him coming out of Auburn and now he's the greatest rookie QB to play since Peyton...maybe better. Just go with it.

whoever traded AP for Cam Newton is a retard. Just because Newton scores more doesnt make him more valuable. QB are on a totally different scale. the difference between Newton and the QB on waivers is WAY closer than the difference between AP and the RB on waivers. RB's of AP's caliber are incredibly rare, especially this season. he gets his teams full workload, he gets the ball on the goal line, and hes an all-pro talent. over half your fantasy leagues starting QB can probably go toe to toe with what Cam Newton does every week. how many people have a RB like AP?
Newton is a maniac. It's unreal to think of how much better he can get.
Originally posted by Niners99:

whoever traded AP for Cam Newton is a retard. Just because Newton scores more doesnt make him more valuable. QB are on a totally different scale. the difference between Newton and the QB on waivers is WAY closer than the difference between AP and the RB on waivers. RB's of AP's caliber are incredibly rare, especially this season. he gets his teams full workload, he gets the ball on the goal line, and hes an all-pro talent. over half your fantasy leagues starting QB can probably go toe to toe with what Cam Newton does every week. how many people have a RB like AP?

So you wouldn't trade Peterson for Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees? Because Cam is sandwiched right between those two guys as the top scorers in all FF.
So you wouldn't trade Peterson for Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees? Because Cam is sandwiched right between those two guys as the top scorers in all FF.

depending on who my other RBs and QB is no i wouldnt. And Cams #s might be near theres but thats all on him running and Steve Smith blowing plays up.. Contain those 2 factors and he doesnt do anything. A great RB is always worth more at the end of the day than a QB is as long as your current QB doesnt suck.
Share 49ersWebzone