LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Start em Sit em section of SI.Com

There has been a major change in the way writers are predicting Fantasy Football when SF plays.
Gotta love the love . Its been a long time.

Cleveland at San Francisco Start 'em

• TE Vernon Davis, WR Michael Crabtree, D/ST 49ers, K David Akers

This is going to be another great week to use the 49ers defense against a pitiful Browns offense that mustered just six points against the Seahawks. The Browns aren't particularly good on defense either, so expect continued success from improved game-manager Alex Smith and start his primary weapons in Davis and Crabtree. Frank Gore is an obvious must-start among backs, especially coming off a week of rest.

Sit 'em

• RB Montario Hardesty, RB Peyton Hillis, WR Greg Little

This is clearly a "sit all" game for the Browns. Hardesty could be a sleeper down the stretch, but Hillis might play here. Regardless, both backs will be worthless against a defense that is No. 1 in fantasy against RBs. The 49ers are not that vulnerable to the pass either, so avoid Colt McCoy and his bevy of underwhelming receivers.

Hopefully this is Blow out similar to the Tampa Game
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
ESPN is predicting 3 points for VD , saying he'll have to stay on the line to protect Smith all day. Worse, it's word for word the prediction they used against the lions, so they just recycled an old one, rather than write something new.
  • mike
  • Veteran
I guess as long as they call him an improved "game manager" people are fine but if someone else says we're "hiding him" and that he'll "only be a game manager" people flip out lol.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I wish I had the Niners Defense.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
I wish I had the Niners Defense.

I've some how some way got Baltimore AND SF's D Biggest problem is trying to figure out which will be the one putting up barn burner numbers week to week
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DJD:
I've some how some way got Baltimore AND SF's D Biggest problem is trying to figure out which will be the one putting up barn burner numbers week to week
Haha I did the same thing! Since people were underestimating our defense this year I was able to get SF defense pretty late. There were some instances where I played baltimore thinking we'd get blown out by like..the Lions, and we ended up posting huge numbers and had I played SF I would have won that week.(lost by 10 points :( ) I'm pretty much sticking to SF as much as I can now especially as our matchups get easier.
Starting the Alex-Crabtree combo this weekend as bye week substitutions. They're gonna shell the Brownstains.
Share 49ersWebzone