There are 248 users in the forums

Wich D/ST would you pick up & play this week?

Well since I had a couple owners screw me over in a trade deal, I'm stuck having to pick up a D/ST this week. Not a lot of good options out there so who do I go with here?

Cle vs Oak
Ind vs Cin
Jax vs Pitt
Car vs Atl
Mia vs NYJ

Also which player would I cut. Tate, Manningham or Freeman. Leaning towards Tate

Qbs: Roethlisberger, Freeman, Tebow
RBs: Rice, Blount, Thomas, Addai, Tate
WRs: Wallace, White, Crabtree, Manningham, D.Moore

Thanks for the help in advance
s**t, I guess Indy's office, and I'd drop Tate too, or maybe Freeman, he's looked like hot garbage
Have to agree with Rabbit. Take Indy and drop Tate
Those are horrible options at defense. Is this an 18 team league?

I would go with Indy and drop Tate
Sadly you have to go with Indy.

And drop Tate.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
jax and drop Freeman.

You're not going to feel comfortable starting him if Ben misses time. You'd likely trade for a QB. Which is evident by the picking up of Tebow. Where as if something happens to Foster you'd have no problem starting Tate. So why drop the guy you would play in the right circumstance over a guy you never want to play?
12 team league but there are teams that have 2-3 D/ST so options are pretty slim especially with bye weeks.
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
12 team league but there are teams that have 2-3 D/ST so options are pretty slim especially with bye weeks.

Why would someone carry that many defenses???!!! How many bench spots do you guys have?
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by 9ersnation:

Why would someone carry that many defenses???!!! How many bench spots do you guys have?

No idea honestly. I only have one defense. 7 bench spots. There's also a couple teams with only one backup rb too?
LOL. Those are truly terrible options, not to mention they're all on the road.

If you want a creative way to look at it:

Jacksonville is a 13.5 underdog to Pittsburgh with an O/U total at 39.

Indy's a 7 point dog to Cincy with a total at 39.

Car is 5.5 dogs at Atlanta with a total of 51.5

Cleveland is a 6 point dog at Oakland with a 44.5 total.

Dolphins are a 7 point dog with a 42.5 point total

Of all these games, I think the Jets/Fins game will be closest and with Matt Moore starting, I think it'll be an ugly slugfest just because the Jets have been horrible as of late. The Jets are wanting to return to a run dominant offense and with a new QB under center, I think the Fins will be running a whole hell of a lot also. Pitt's makeshift O-line might help an underrated Jags D get a few sacks on Big Ben. Not sure what the status of Joe Haden is, but I think the Browns/Raiders game will have both teams score in the high 20's. Indy's Indy. That team's horrible and I doubt you'd want to bank on Carolina when the game total is expected to be in the 50's.

I'd rank your options:

1. Miami
2. Jax
3. Cleveland
4. Indy

Share 49ersWebzone