LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

What to do with Hillis?

He's my #2 RB behind Ray Rice. He hasn't done much yet, has been "sick" and Hardesty, who I have on my bench, seems to getting equal production at this point.

Anyone else in this pickle of not knowing what to do with Hillis? Should I try to trade him while I still can, or ride it out and hope that his production ticks up now that he's healthy?
his contract negotiations don't seem to be going so well. i just picked up hardesty in one of my leagues just in case. if you can receive good value in return for hillis, i would pull the trigger, but you'll most likely have to take a hit
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Ride it.
touch his penis
what does your team look like? i usually hate giving my crappy advice without knowing a team's set of strengths and weaknesses
[ Edited by YungAce on Oct 8, 2011 at 1:20 AM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
his contract negotiations don't seem to be going so well. i just picked up hardesty in one of my leagues just in case. if you can receive good value in return for hillis, i would pull the trigger, but you'll most likely have to take a hit

this is my thought too. leaning towards just riding with it. at least i have hardesty, if he becomes more of a factor.

My team:

QB: Schaub, Sanchez
RBs: Rice, Hillis, Hardesty, Woodhead
WRs: AJ Green, Steve Smith (Carolina), Jordy Nelson, Steve Johnson
TE: Whitten, Cook
D: Niners
K: Novak

I have a couple of other nobodies that I swap in and out every week. Depth is my problem. Also, I didn't draft my team, had to do an auto-draft, but, at the moment, I'm in second place with a 3-0-1 record. Its a standard scoring league, 14 teams.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Newest report is that the media blew this out of proportion, and they actually have the basis for a deal in place. His not playing had nothing to do with contract, and Josh Cribbs said in the Browns organization it has never been an issue.

Jeez, what a surprise, the media made a story out of nothing.
I have Hillis in 2 of my leagues. I'm riding with him. After the browns last game, Shurmur said they need to get back to making Hillis the focal point of their offense, and I think the contract situation will get resolved eventually. I'll gladly stick with a RB2 who will likely be getting 20-25 touches at least per game.
Now I'm getting concerned lol.

Originally posted by RonMexico:
touch his penis

this
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Now I'm getting concerned lol.

yeah...
hope you signed hardesty
should've gotten something for Hillis when I had the chance.
Word is he reinjured his hammy at practice today.

I laughed in the face of the Madden Curse when he fell to me late in the 3rd round. I will not make that mistake ever again.

Damn you Peyton Hillis!
Share 49ersWebzone