LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Grade my draft

Grade my draft

1. 12 person, 1 Point PPR, money league.
  2. Round Pick Player
  3. 1. (6) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
    2. (19) Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
    3. (30) DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
    4. (43) Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
    5. (54) Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
    6. (67) Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)
    7. (78) Daniel Thomas (Mia - RB)
    8. (91) Pierre Garcon (Ind - WR)
    9. (102) Steve Smith (Car - WR)
    10. (115) Davone Bess (Mia - WR)
    11. (126) Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
    12 . (139) Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
    13. (150) Kevin Walter (Hou - WR)
    14. (163) Jacquizz Rodgers (Atl - RB)
    15. (174) Atlanta (Atl - DEF)
You took Reggie Wayne wayyy to high... surely there is a RB you could have taken at that spot at 19.. your only RBs are williams, jackson, and daniel thomas.. All 3 share carries with DWill being the only true starter for his team if you even want to say that. I also think you took a TE way to high.. i cant see taking Owen as you already have Andre for the Double Dip , But then u didnt stop there and took Walter.. Sproles will see the field like 1% of the time, and just way to many same team same positions for my liking.. I rated your team a D .. If danny amendola is a free agent i would pick him up instead of Kevin Walter, Amendola is a PPR beast for his team.
Originally posted by Fricker:
You took Reggie Wayne wayyy to high... surely there is a RB you could have taken at that spot at 19.. your only RBs are williams, jackson, and daniel thomas.. All 3 share carries with DWill being the only true starter for his team if you even want to say that. I also think you took a TE way to high.. i cant see taking Owen as you already have Andre for the Double Dip , But then u didnt stop there and took Walter.. Sproles will see the field like 1% of the time, and just way to many same team same positions for my liking.. I rated your team a D .. If danny amendola is a free agent i would pick him up instead of Kevin Walter, Amendola is a PPR beast for his team.

I respect your take (I give myself a C+) Here's my reasoning for some of the issues you brought up.

I rate Reggie Wayne at the #6 WR available in PPR. Both the cheat sheets I built from value him in the low 20's (I took him at 19). And his ADP ranges from round two and round four. He was by no means a steal at 19 but I don't feel bad about the pick, and I feel in PPR he was a bigger asset than any of the RBs still on the board.

Daniels was one of the last legit starters left, when I took him. I'm ok with taking a TE in the 6th.

I don't give weight to buy weeks (other than back up QB) or players being on the same team. All other things being perfectly equal then sure I'll use those things as a deciding factor but otherwise I don't let them effect my pick.

I can't argue with you about my RB situation. It's the reason I give myself a C. I will say that I don't think you can say you know how much they're going to use Sproles. And at least at the onset I think Jackson will get the majority of carries. But you're right I need help at RB.

I do appreciate the feedback.
Originally posted by Fricker:
If danny amendola is a free agent i would pick him up instead of Kevin Walter, Amendola is a PPR beast for his team.
Amendola went in the 7th
I agree with what Fricker said. You doubled dip too much. Wayne and Garcon? Daniels and AJ? Not sure the strategy behind that. And you are in trouble with your RB situation big time. DWill with your third pick was a huge reach. What other RBs were available at that spot?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't mind the Reggie Wayne pick, but DeAngelo as the 30th pick and your #1 RB is shaky. The Panthers RB situation is just not one I am fond of taking a risk on.

And Fred Jackson is shaky too with Spiller behind him. I think you reached on Owen Daniels severely. I don't like your late picks either. Kevin Walter? There are better receivers availabel with the 150th pick. Daniel Thomas not being named the starter hurts.

Overall I'd give you a C-.
Who is going to throw the ball to wayne? You could've pick him up in the mind rounds if people I your league knew what they were doing.
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
Who is going to throw the ball to wayne? You could've pick him up in the mind rounds if people I your league knew what they were doing.

Yeah we drafted well before Manning had his second surgery or there was any real hint of complications. Thanks though.
When in doubt, trade you best player for quality starters
Share 49ersWebzone