LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 187 users in the forums

ESPN Auto-Draft Strategies

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I'm in an 8 team league with my family, and we do auto-draft for a handful of reasons; time, noobs, some not very good with computers.

Anyways, I'm going crazy trying to decide the top 5 order for my draft. If you haven't used ESPN, they give you the option to choose which position the computer will choose per round.

Right now I'm going a little risky and have it set RB/RB/QB for the first 3 rounds. I figure if I can get two high level RB's, which are harder to find, I won't have any problem starting a mid-level QB like a Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. Remember, with 8 teams, good QB's are easier to find than elite RB's.

So do I sound crazy, or risky but smart?
Rb rb wr qb

Championship!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Autodraft sucks

But in an 8 team league, hold off on QB absolutely. You'll still get a good starter, you can probably get a Schuab or Matt Ryan after Round 5, maybe even later.

I would go RB/WR/RB....
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by crzy:
Autodraft sucks

But in an 8 team league, hold off on QB absolutely. You'll still get a good starter, you can probably get a Schuab or Matt Ryan after Round 5, maybe even later.

I would go RB/WR/RB....

That late you think? I wouldn't mind getting top WR, which are also a small group.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by crzy:
Autodraft sucks

I would go RB/WR/RB....

That late you think? I wouldn't mind getting top WR, which are also a small group.

You're talking 8 man league

That means even at the end of 5 rounds, only 40 players have been drafted.

Look at this list of ADP (average draft position) of players.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/adp.php
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Thanks man
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I went RB/WR/RB/QB. Got Foster (I got the first pick apparently), Roddy White, Hillis, and Rivers.
I went RB/WR/RB/QB. Got Foster (I got the first pick apparently), Roddy White, Hillis, and Rivers.

Solid
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

Solid

Yeah man. Got VD at TE, Packers D/ST, Akers at K. Other RB/WR's are Cedric Benson (meh), Braylon Edwards, Marques Colston.

That's my starting lineup right now. Trying to work a trade for Gore instead of Benson.

Bench players worth note: Sidney Rice (risk), Lee Evans, Hines Ward, Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman, Bears D/ST, Zach Miller, and then Daniel Thomas (New RB for Miami I guess).

Freaking auto-draft picked two guys who are out for the season, so I have a couple empty slots I'm trying to fill with the waiver wire.
Yeah I am in a league at work and we are doing an auto pick draft this season with Yahoo. What sucks about Yahoo is you cant designate what position you want to pick during which rounds. So basically, I just made sure my rankings are set and hope for the best on draft day.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Yeah I am in a league at work and we are doing an auto pick draft this season with Yahoo. What sucks about Yahoo is you cant designate what position you want to pick during which rounds. So basically, I just made sure my rankings are set and hope for the best on draft day.

I have a yahoo league too. as an experiment, I let that one go completely. Turns out I am way smarter than the computer.
oh yea Yahoo rankings are horrible, I rank my own players and then I usually put all the defenses and kickers on the "Do not pick list" because in the draft they fill out your starting roster before they start on your bench. I WILL NOT pick a defense and a kicker during the 7-8 rounds, so I roll the dice and while everyone else is getting defenses I'm picking up solid sleepers on my bench ( Last season I picked up Jamaal Charles and Johnny Knox during these rounds) After the draft I will pick up a Defense and Kicker and then play the matchups until I wind up with the ones I want.
Share 49ersWebzone