LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

You buying Alex as a fantasy qb

My fantasy strategy is to wait on qbs. Last year I had 2 aces in hole with Big Ben being on suspension and Mike Vick. Not going to be that lucky this year.

As crazy as it sounds I can see Alex putting up 25+ touchdowns this year. I really think he finishes in the 11-16 range. Obviously he wouldn't be my premiere bet, but if you wait on taking a qb you better nail your backup too and that's what I'm wondering. Fantasy wise you guys willing to take a chance on Alex?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
You'd be insane to draft Alex Smith on any fantasy team unless you play in a 3 QB league or a 20 team league.

Pick him up off waivers for spot starts, but don't rely on him even as a backup
[ Edited by crzy on Aug 5, 2011 at 5:07 PM ]
Fuggit go for it bro! Late round pick-up!
Originally posted by crzy:
You'd be insane to draft Alex Smith on any fantasy team unless you play in a 3 QB league or a 20 team league.

Pick him up off waivers for spot starts, but don't rely on him even as a backup

Here's my thinking. Smith can put up tds better than people give him credit for. In 2009 he had 6 multiple touchdown games in a 8 game stretch. That's with Freddie Munster as his oc and less than mediocre talent at receiver. Braylon is a legitmate red zone threat. Put up 7 tds last year and has a 16 td season under his belt. I'm thinking 3,500 yards and 25 touchdowns this year and I think I can get that with him being the 21st quarterback off the board.

3 qb league, and might participate in a 2 starter qb league again.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'm thinking 3,500 yards and 25 touchdowns this year

I'd be shocked if Alex Smith has over 3,000 yards or over 20 TDs. Completely and utterly shocked.

12 games, 2,600 yards, 15 TD, 12 INT is my prediction, around a 59% completion percentage, 6.5 Y/A, 81 QB rating.

That should be good enough for around the 25-30 ranked QB.

You are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect more than that from Alex Smith.
[ Edited by crzy on Aug 5, 2011 at 6:13 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'm thinking 3,500 yards and 25 touchdowns this year

I'd be shocked if Alex Smith has over 3,000 yards or over 20 TDs. Completely and utterly shocked.

12 games, 2,600 yards, 15 TD, 12 INT is my prediction, around a 59% completion percentage, 6.5 Y/A, 81 QB rating.

That should be good enough for around the 25-30 ranked QB.

You are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect more than that from Alex Smith.

ou really think he will do worse with harbaugh as play caller and gameplanning than sing and raye

anyway to answer question he will be a good backup i think he may even be a starter we will see
Share 49ersWebzone