LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Will you pick Arian Foster #1 overall?

Will you pick Arian Foster #1 overall?

Michael Vick has to be the #1 pick.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He's definetily worth the top spot, but I'd have to have Philly's backup because his injury chances are 10x greater than any other qb.

Usually I'm not a fan of taking qb's early, but this year might be the exception. Last year I waited to round 5 in a 2 QB league and ended up with Big Ben, Stafford, Freeman, and Vick as my guys. I can tell you I won't get that lucky this year if I wait. With the lockout, late FA, and all the rookie QB's this year I think you have to get your qb early.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by crzy:
The only wild-card with Foster is Kubiak. Coach has no issues with throwing in Ward for an entire half if he feels Foster is getting too cocky or doesn't like his attitude. Ward looked really good filling in for Foster last year, so I'm assuming either running back will have good success in that system. That being said, out of the top RB's, he's in the best position to continue his success.

And crzy, I believe it was you was wrong about him last year, so I'd take your advice with a grain of salt.

Shrug

Just saying. You were advocating another poster trade him for CJ Spiller before the season. I hope that poster didn't do that.

I don't remember that.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Yes. I'm not in it for 3rd or 6th place I'm in it to win it.

He has the most potential of all the running backs and it's not even close. Houston's offense is a sure thing. Tennessee, Minnesota could be spending half the year with a rookie qb. Last year Foster put up 2,200 yards and 20 touchdowns. As long as he's healthy that 15- 20 TD total is pretty much a lock. If he puts up 1,600 yards from scrimmage that's top 3 production guaranteed.

He really is the only back I feel comfortable with at the top spot if he's not there I'm taking Michael Vick.

I like the confidence, but I'd rather not use the #1 pick on a guy who has only done it for one year.

This
The only wild-card with Foster is Kubiak. Coach has no issues with throwing in Ward for an entire half if he feels Foster is getting too cocky or doesn't like his attitude. Ward looked really good filling in for Foster last year, so I'm assuming either running back will have good success in that system. That being said, out of the top RB's, he's in the best position to continue his success.

And crzy, I believe it was you was wrong about him last year, so I'd take your advice with a grain of salt.

Shrug

Just saying. You were advocating another poster trade him for CJ Spiller before the season. I hope that poster didn't do that.

I don't remember that.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=144233&page=1&highlight=foster#post5

Lol pwned!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
AP or CJ 1st and 2nd.
Jamaal Charles 3rd
Arian Foster 4th

thats how im gunna do it

And to think I get to keep Foster, Peterson & Vick in my keeper league.

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
AP or CJ 1st and 2nd.
Jamaal Charles 3rd
Arian Foster 4th

thats how im gunna do it

And to think I get to keep Foster, Peterson & Vick in my keeper league.

That's a beast team.
yea i get to Keep Foster and AP also.. have Vick but i only get 2 keepers... In my other league i got AP and Gore. So hopefully that pans out. Gotta love keeper leagues
Update to the conversation.

Foster lost one of the best fullbacks in the league in Leach to Baltimore. Tennessee and Minnesota got veteran quarterbacks.

Not so sure if Foster is my guy at number 1 anymore. Ray Rice has moved up to #4 in my opinion. Doesn't have to share the load with McClain and McGahee, and added a fullback of Leach's caliber.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Still not sold on him as #1..id take Peterson or Johnson ahead of him

how come no one mentioned Jamal Charles? i'd take him, especially in a keeper league
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
how come no one mentioned Jamal Charles? i'd take him, especially in a keeper league

now that you mention it..id likely even take him over foster.

1. peterson
2. vick
3. johnson
4. charles
5. foster

for me
Originally posted by Toronto49er:

KC added McClain so I'd definetily put him with Ray Rice in my top 5.

Here's my beef with Charles at the top. Lack of touchdowns. 5 rushing touchdowns, 8 total. You got to ask yourself how many 1 yard tds will McClain and Jones steal from him.

Foster, Turner, Peterson. 13 touchdowns is money in the bank if they're healthy.
I'll pick AP 1st. Arian 2nd. 3rd open
Share 49ersWebzone