There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will you pick Arian Foster #1 overall?

Will you pick Arian Foster #1 overall?

As to be expected, many of the early fantasy magazines rank AF as the number one RB or at least in the top three. If you have the first pick will you take him over AP or CJ?

My answer: No. He had a break out year, yes, but defensive schemes will have had a year to adjust to his running ability and will shut him down. Also, due to the added hits he will take he will likely go down with an injury. For me, AP is the only way to go, provided there is a season of course.
[ Edited by 9erVillian on Jul 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM ]
AP or CJ 1st and 2nd.
Jamaal Charles 3rd
Arian Foster 4th

thats how im gunna do it
see Steve Slaton
I'm wary of all the top RB's this year. CJ might have a bad year (last year wasn't great, and his team is worse this year IMO), and Peterson has similar problems, his team being on a horrid downturn. Foster worries me in the normal "breakout back" way.

I don't know what the hell I want to do this year.
Originally posted by Janitor:
I'm wary of all the top RB's this year. CJ might have a bad year (last year wasn't great, and his team is worse this year IMO), and Peterson has similar problems, his team being on a horrid downturn. Foster worries me in the normal "breakout back" way.

I don't know what the hell I want to do this year.

Peterson might get more carries dew to the Vikings starting Ponder.
Number 1 OVERALL hells no. He's a top 5 RB though.
Nope, maybe third
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,766
No.1 overall, probably not - but in a PPR league, he is a top 3 pick easily. Arian Foster is not a small back...225lbs...he may get injured just like any player in NFL - but not because of the hits he took last year. He is a beast in the running and in the passing game.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
No way #1
Yes. I'm not in it for 3rd or 6th place I'm in it to win it.

He has the most potential of all the running backs and it's not even close. Houston's offense is a sure thing. Tennessee, Minnesota could be spending half the year with a rookie qb. Last year Foster put up 2,200 yards and 20 touchdowns. As long as he's healthy that 15- 20 TD total is pretty much a lock. If he puts up 1,600 yards from scrimmage that's top 3 production guaranteed.

He really is the only back I feel comfortable with at the top spot if he's not there I'm taking Michael Vick.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Yes. I'm not in it for 3rd or 6th place I'm in it to win it.

He has the most potential of all the running backs and it's not even close. Houston's offense is a sure thing. Tennessee, Minnesota could be spending half the year with a rookie qb. Last year Foster put up 2,200 yards and 20 touchdowns. As long as he's healthy that 15- 20 TD total is pretty much a lock. If he puts up 1,600 yards from scrimmage that's top 3 production guaranteed.

He really is the only back I feel comfortable with at the top spot if he's not there I'm taking Michael Vick.

i like the way you think
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Yes. I'm not in it for 3rd or 6th place I'm in it to win it.

He has the most potential of all the running backs and it's not even close. Houston's offense is a sure thing. Tennessee, Minnesota could be spending half the year with a rookie qb. Last year Foster put up 2,200 yards and 20 touchdowns. As long as he's healthy that 15- 20 TD total is pretty much a lock. If he puts up 1,600 yards from scrimmage that's top 3 production guaranteed.

He really is the only back I feel comfortable with at the top spot if he's not there I'm taking Michael Vick.

I like the confidence, but I'd rather not use the #1 pick on a guy who has only done it for one year.
The only wild-card with Foster is Kubiak. Coach has no issues with throwing in Ward for an entire half if he feels Foster is getting too cocky or doesn't like his attitude. Ward looked really good filling in for Foster last year, so I'm assuming either running back will have good success in that system. That being said, out of the top RB's, he's in the best position to continue his success.

And crzy, I believe it was you was wrong about him last year, so I'd take your advice with a grain of salt.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by AmpLee:
The only wild-card with Foster is Kubiak. Coach has no issues with throwing in Ward for an entire half if he feels Foster is getting too cocky or doesn't like his attitude. Ward looked really good filling in for Foster last year, so I'm assuming either running back will have good success in that system. That being said, out of the top RB's, he's in the best position to continue his success.

And crzy, I believe it was you was wrong about him last year, so I'd take your advice with a grain of salt.

Shrug
You'd best be thinking about Vick or Rodgers at #1 the way things have been going last couple of years.