There are 282 users in the forums

I'm in an NL only Keeper League (I can keep 5)

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Jay Bruce would be the last guy I would keep.

lol
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Who did you keep because Jay Bruce is on fire right now!

LOL Well some of us LOVED him and thought he was a better choice than Chris Young. Young is just awful right now and Bruce is a stud. Hey Niners99.. what say you????

i was wrong on Bruce, i admit it. he took the step i didnt think he could, and has been consistently more disciplined at the plate. for a while he was looking like one of those kids that relied on his power too much, and was swinging for homers every time up.

However....Young isnt getting on base, but his BABIP has been really low at .263, and hes still producing. i wouldnt call his 2011 season "awful" by any means. still on pace for around 27 hr, 90 rbis, 16 sb, 100 r, and 45 doubles. still a quality fantasy option nonetheless.

we will see how the rest of the season plays out, but its still possible they end the season at a similar WAR. Young being at 1.4 and Bruce 1.9 thus far.

lol i knew John would try and bust my balls over this if Bruce was looking good.

Like you wouldn't have done the same if Young was outplaying Bruce

Y'all just can't help but bust each other's balls

You are correct. However, he hasnt had the chance to do that yet. One of these days he might be right.

LOL Well some of us LOVED him and thought he was a better choice than Chris Young. Young is just awful right now and Bruce is a stud. Hey Niners99.. what say you????

i was wrong on Bruce, i admit it. he took the step i didnt think he could, and has been consistently more disciplined at the plate. for a while he was looking like one of those kids that relied on his power too much, and was swinging for homers every time up.

However....Young isnt getting on base, but his BABIP has been really low at .263, and hes still producing. i wouldnt call his 2011 season "awful" by any means. still on pace for around 27 hr, 90 rbis, 16 sb, 100 r, and 45 doubles. still a quality fantasy option nonetheless.

we will see how the rest of the season plays out, but its still possible they end the season at a similar WAR. Young being at 1.4 and Bruce 1.9 thus far.

lol i knew John would try and bust my balls over this if Bruce was looking good.

You are correct. However, he hasnt had the chance to do that yet. One of these days he might be right.

lol i have to pick my battles when it comes to you john. i only say something if i feel up to a 5 page argument in the Giants thread.

plus i still have almost 4 more months for Young to catch up to Bruce.

lol i have to pick my battles when it comes to you john. i only say something if i feel up to a 5 page argument in the Giants thread.

Young better get started NOW if he is going to catch Jay Bruce.

update:

Bruce- 47 R, 18 HR, 51 RBI, 6 SB, .267 AVG
Young- 51 R, 15 HR, 42 RBI, 10 SB, .255 AVG

dont look now john, but Chris Young is sneaking up on Bruce already.

update:

Bruce- 47 R, 18 HR, 51 RBI, 6 SB, .267 AVG
Young- 51 R, 15 HR, 42 RBI, 10 SB, .255 AVG

dont look now john, but Chris Young is sneaking up on Bruce already.

Dont look now Niners99 but Chris Young sucks BIG TIME:
Bruce .269 27 HR 83 RBI
Young .231 17 HR 57 RBI

You lost this argument.
Share 49ersWebzone