LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Fantasy Baseball (FIELD OF DREAMS)

Originally posted by crzy:
I have super elite speed, two good closers, deep pitching, and good power. The only thing I suck at is catcher.

I think I'm going to win this league if Jason Bay returns to form and Ian Kisnler doesn't f**king get hurt.

crzy, what u think of my team? I've never done fantasy baseball until now.
Originally posted by Fincham11:
I have super elite speed, two good closers, deep pitching, and good power. The only thing I suck at is catcher.

I think I'm going to win this league if Jason Bay returns to form and Ian Kisnler doesn't f**king get hurt.

im also a virgin
Originally posted by valrod33:

im also a virgin

I'm glad we were able to experience this life changing event together Val!

im also a virgin

I'm glad we were able to experience this life changing event together Val!

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

I think you need more starting pitching depth after Jimenz and Weaver. Matusz in Round 22 is a steal, but you still need more depth there.

I think your relief pitching is shaky. Jonathan Broxton, after his 2nd half last year, is just a huge huge risk. And Francisco Cordero has Aroldis Chapman breathing down his neck if Cordero starts blowing saves left and right again. You might squeeze 35 save each out of Broxton and Cordero or they might both get demoted.

At shortstop I'm not big on Derek Jeter in the 6th round, but he will give you 100+ runs.

I think you will struggle in steals, but you will dominate home runs. Votto, Hamilton, Uggla, Dunn, and Reynolds will all give you 33+ home runs I think.

I think you need more starting pitching depth after Jimenz and Weaver. Matusz in Round 22 is a steal, but you still need more depth there.

I think your relief pitching is shaky. Jonathan Broxton, after his 2nd half last year, is just a huge huge risk. And Francisco Cordero has Aroldis Chapman breathing down his neck if Cordero starts blowing saves left and right again. You might squeeze 35 save each out of Broxton and Cordero or they might both get demoted.

At shortstop I'm not big on Derek Jeter in the 6th round, but he will give you 100+ runs.

I think you will struggle in steals, but you will dominate home runs. Votto, Hamilton, Uggla, Dunn, and Reynolds will all give you 33+ home runs I think.

Yeah, I'm not very big on Jeter either. Wanted to get a SS before there were none left. Steals is going to be hard to come by as far as the relief pitching my guys got took by they time I selected one. Hopefully, mine can get it together.

Thanks for the review!
some things that im proud of. I drafted No Yankees, Giants or Cardinals players.(Pujols doesnt count because he is pujols)

[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 14, 2011 at 09:19:45 ]
some things that im proud of. I drafted No Yankees, Gianst or Cardinals players.(Pujols doesnt count because he is pujols)

And TOO many Braves which is why your team has no chance. LOL
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
some things that im proud of. I drafted No Yankees, Gianst or Cardinals players.(Pujols doesnt count because he is pujols)

I only have 6 braves, id say i dont have enough
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Why didn't you accept my Tommy Hanson trade?

Why didn't you accept my Tommy Hanson trade?

Because you wanted to take POOHOLES from me

Plus Tommy Hanson gets on my damn nerves, I dont trust him

[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 14, 2011 at 09:40:31 ]
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I dont see how I dont win this league

picking a closer in the 6th, a concussed 1B in the 7th, an injury riddled SP in the 8th, another closer who isnt that good anymore in the 10th could be a reason.

although your first 3 picks were great. the Cabrera/Crawford thing could be awesome....as long as Cabrera isnt in prison.

Yeah I was thinking about not taking Cabrera because of that. Are saves not a catagory, why not get one of the best closers. Crzy asked why 4 RP..............Saves, ERA, WHIP is why and K's because they are all flamethrowers. How is F. Rodriguez not any good? He missed the last part of the season for fighting his father inlaw.........25 saves 2.20 ERA? Carpenter was 16-9 last year and 17-4 the year before, I will take my chances

Saves are a category, but thats way too early to take RP imo. i didnt get the best closers in baseball, but i got Nathan and Storen (2 guys with very good potential) in the 16th and 18th rounds. they wont really benefit you in the others cats because they come in small increments. closers are for saves, and everything else is a bonus. they might give you 3-6 k's per week, maybe like 3 ip 0 er, etc. they wont make a real impact on your pitching stats outside saves.

K-Rod was great 2-3 years ago, but besides the personal troubles he was in last year, hes just getting older. plus hes on the Mets. just bad signs all the way around. for a closer a 2.20 era is pretty solid, but not elite. there were 8 closers last year with sub 2.00 eras i think. 18 guys had more saves than K-Rod last year. he could bounce back, but its risky.

Carp is a great pitcher, he just always gets hurt. its like clockwork. death, taxes, and Chris Carpenter having injury issues. the guarantees of life. in fact hes dealing with some lingering hamstring issues right now. looking over the draft results, he went about in the right spot, i just wouldve gone Gallardo or Weaver probably to play it safer.
Now they are talking about Netali Feliz being a starter this year. Damnit im gonna need another closer now

• jimrat
  • Veteran

picking a closer in the 6th, a concussed 1B in the 7th, an injury riddled SP in the 8th, another closer who isnt that good anymore in the 10th could be a reason.

although your first 3 picks were great. the Cabrera/Crawford thing could be awesome....as long as Cabrera isnt in prison.

Yeah I was thinking about not taking Cabrera because of that. Are saves not a catagory, why not get one of the best closers. Crzy asked why 4 RP..............Saves, ERA, WHIP is why and K's because they are all flamethrowers. How is F. Rodriguez not any good? He missed the last part of the season for fighting his father inlaw.........25 saves 2.20 ERA? Carpenter was 16-9 last year and 17-4 the year before, I will take my chances

Saves are a category, but thats way too early to take RP imo. i didnt get the best closers in baseball, but i got Nathan and Storen (2 guys with very good potential) in the 16th and 18th rounds. they wont really benefit you in the others cats because they come in small increments. closers are for saves, and everything else is a bonus. they might give you 3-6 k's per week, maybe like 3 ip 0 er, etc. they wont make a real impact on your pitching stats outside saves.

K-Rod was great 2-3 years ago, but besides the personal troubles he was in last year, hes just getting older. plus hes on the Mets. just bad signs all the way around. for a closer a 2.20 era is pretty solid, but not elite. there were 8 closers last year with sub 2.00 eras i think. 18 guys had more saves than K-Rod last year. he could bounce back, but its risky.

Carp is a great pitcher, he just always gets hurt. its like clockwork. death, taxes, and Chris Carpenter having injury issues. the guarantees of life. in fact hes dealing with some lingering hamstring issues right now. looking over the draft results, he went about in the right spot, i just wouldve gone Gallardo or Weaver probably to play it safer.

Well we will see how this plays out, I have always had 3 or 4 closers and won leagues, never been content with just 2 closers. You have 2 closers, one coming off major surgury and the other has not even been named the closer because he has had a terrible spring.

Well we will see how this plays out, I have always had 3 or 4 closers and won leagues, never been content with just 2 closers. You have 2 closers, one coming off major surgury and the other has not even been named the closer because he has had a terrible spring.

true. but i was taking more productive players early and got those guys in the late rounds. if i have to add a closer off waivers i will, but its a gamble im willing to take.
Share 49ersWebzone