LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

Dixon or Westbrook?

Dixon or Westbrook?

I have Gore and I'd like to protect myself in case he misses more time. Which backup RB would be the better start if Gore misses a game?

Right now it looks like Westbrook is getting a lot more touches. But Dixon seems like the guy will use around the goal line.
westbrook
i sent in a waiver request for westbrook since gore got injured. i might not even use him at all though with bradshaw, fred jackson, and joseph addai on my bench
I grabbed Westbrook.

I'm hoping Gore comes back next week, but I wanted to protect myself in case he ends up missing a few games. I have Foster, Charles, and Felix Jones that I could start. But I also grabbed Toby Gerhart yesterday. It's possible that Gerhart or Westbrook might be better starts than Felix Jones next week.
westbrook

dixon didnt look impressive at all today
  • Brew
  • Veteran
DAMN IT!!

Gore out for the year. I guess I gotta pick up westbrook *Sigh*

He won't get nearly the same #s as gore would for the next 5 games though.
Originally posted by Brew:
DAMN IT!!

Yeah, that's probably my championship out the window. I thought I was all set to steam roll through the playoffs with a starting line up featuring Gore, Foster, and Charles.

This is the second straight year I've ridden Gore to the playoffs. Thanks for all the points, Franky. I'll miss you.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
DAMN IT!!

Yeah, that's probably my championship out the window. I thought I was all set to steam roll through the playoffs with a starting line up featuring Gore, Foster, and Charles.

This is the second straight year I've ridden Gore to the playoffs. Thanks for all the points, Franky. I'll miss you.

Same.

On a 5 week win streak with Foster, Hillis, Gore, Tolbert and Lagarrete Blount.

I was set at WR too. Andre Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Vincent Jackson and Larry FItz.

At TE too with Jacoby Tamme

At QB too with Rivers and Cassel

Somehow with Gore out it feels like my whole season will take on the domino effect.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
DAMN IT!!

Same.

On a 5 week win streak with Foster, Hillis, Gore, Tolbert and Lagarrete Blount.

I was set at WR too. Andre Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Vincent Jackson and Larry FItz.

At TE too with Jacoby Tamme

At QB too with Rivers and Cassel

Somehow with Gore out it feels like my whole season will take on the domino effect.

That's a pretty good squad. How many people in your league?

I have CJ, Wallace, JJones, BWhite, Gaffney, and Obomanu at WR. Tamme at TE. And Eli and Fitz at QB. But I've been in first place all but one week in a 12 team league. Mostly because my RBs were kicking ass.

Ugh. Last year I lost the championship by half a point. I really thought I'd get it this time....
Share 49ersWebzone