LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Should I take a chance on Troy Smith this week?

I have Drew Brees on a bye week.
What are your other options? I think he could be decent in his first official home start against a less than stellar Rams secondary. I believe if he starts this game(which he should IMO) he could post solid numbers.

However if there are better options out there I don't think it's really worth the gamble.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I am. Got him gore,crabs,delanie,nedney and 9ers d all going this week in my local league. Im 6-3 and 2 games up in the playoff race and playing a non active owner whos still starting romo, finley and 3 bye week players so what the hell
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I just had that decision as well..Rivers on a BYE week

Went w/ Sam Bradford though...
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:

Good call
Originally posted by Esco:

Good call
NO
I am in one my leagues, but I have a losing record on that one
No.
Playing him at a Flex spot in a 2-QB league. Not expecting huge numbers, but decent.

• jrg
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129855
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
What are your other options? I think he could be decent in his first official home start against a less than stellar Rams secondary. I believe if he starts this game(which he should IMO) he could post solid numbers.

However if there are better options out there I don't think it's really worth the gamble.

I could pick up:

-Mark Sanchez
-Shaun Hill
-McNabb
-Colt McCoy
-Gerrard
[ Edited by PTulini on Nov 10, 2010 at 4:54 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

lol. You do realize that there's enough depth of subjects in fantasy football to use more than one thread. Stop playing mod and let the people designated the responsibility deal with these things.

theres enough depth? can you explain why there is a reason to have this thread by itself compared to the designated fantasy football thread?
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

I could pick up:

-Mark Sanchez
-Shaun Hill
-McNabb
-Colt McCoy
-Gerrard

Shaun Hill was putting up nice numbers before he broke his arm, and with Stafford out (looking like perhaps the rest of the season) and with it looking like Hill will be good to go this week vs. Buffalo (a yummy matchup!), he seems like a nice pickup for at least this week.

lol. You do realize that there's enough depth of subjects in fantasy football to use more than one thread. Stop playing mod and let the people designated the responsibility deal with these things.

theres enough depth? can you explain why there is a reason to have this thread by itself compared to the designated fantasy football thread?

So the OP can get more coverage on his topic of Troy Smith as a viable fantasy option or not.

Should this forum just have three threads? A fantasy football, basketball, and baseball thread? Why even have the forum? It seems like either you're a wannabe mod, or you want more traffic in a thread you started. Either way there's no justification for it.

this 100% james

you did the same thing in the thread about yahoo scoring with the fumble recoveries and what not, I mean really?
Share 49ersWebzone