There are 214 users in the forums

Mike Tolbert or Ryan Matthews?

• Brew
  • Veteran
I can only start 1 unless ahmad Bradshaw goes down.
Who would you guys start? On 1 hand Tolbert been getting the bulk of the work but was it only because Ryan was coming off of an injury? Will this Sunday be the first time he over takes Tolbert?gaaaaaa I don't know what to do
I'd take my chances with Tolbert just because he's more likely to get the goal line carries.
I think Tolbert for one more week. Then Matthews after that. Thats my guess anyway.
Norv has made it clear that RM is his guy, and that he is the #1 RB on the team.

But.....RM hasn't proven that he can be the guy yet, and MT, up to this point, has been the better back. I know last Sunday RM was coming back from an injury, but the bulk of the important carries early on went to MT, while many of RM's carries came in mop up time.

Either way, they are playing Oakland this weekend, and they are god awful vs. the run. So either back seems to be a good play. You have to give the edge atm to MT though, he's been the better back, the healthier back, and will get the GL carries.

[ Edited by DaManRathman on Oct 8, 2010 at 13:05:33 ]
  • Brew
  • Veteran
The zone has spoken. Tolberto it is!!
Im in the same position, I think I'll play both, with Moreno being out, and Cadillac sucks
Dude, I have both of those two PLUS Darren Sproles on my roster. Norv is killing me out there. He needs to get me a go-to guy! The saddest part is they are all the best running backs on my roster. I'm going to go with Tolbert and Thomas Jones this weekend, although the thought of Tolbert and Matthews against the Raiders had crossed my mind as well.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Dude, I have both of those two PLUS Darren Sproles on my roster. Norv is killing me out there. He needs to get me a go-to guy! The saddest part is they are all the best running backs on my roster. I'm going to go with Tolbert and Thomas Jones this weekend, although the thought of Tolbert and Matthews against the Raiders had crossed my mind as well.
Share 49ersWebzone