There are 172 users in the forums

is it crazy to start Alex over ...

the old man Favre? Even if he's facing Detroit, he's looked pretty average so far

I'm not just getting carried away with Alex's play on Monday I'm aware of the inconsistence but am I right in at least considering it?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
No I would consider it too. Favre hasnt looked great and his WR options arent great either
I wouldn't do it this week - if we had problems running an effective offense because Seattle was loud, wait 'til we face the 2-0 Chiefs in Arrowhead.

I bashed on Favre in the McNabb thread....but the 49ers are getting smoked this weekend by Kansas City. Starting Alex this week is all faith on your part, but history shows that the Niners not only suck in these kinds of games, but pretty much fall apart altogether.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I bashed on Favre in the McNabb thread....but the 49ers are getting smoked this weekend by Kansas City. Starting Alex this week is all faith on your part, but history shows that the Niners not only suck in these kinds of games, but pretty much fall apart altogether.

Nostradamus?

After seeing how they played on Monday what makes you think we will get "smoked" by KC? lol.

I have favre, and I am benching vs. Detroit. He has no one to throw to that he trusts besides Schiancoe. Harvin in hurt. Berrian suck on his routes, drops passes. Go Alex.

He can get you points on the ground as well as the air.
Originally posted by ninerbrand:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Nostradamus?

After seeing how they played on Monday what makes you think we will get "smoked" by KC? lol.

I have favre, and I am benching vs. Detroit. He has no one to throw to that he trusts besides Schiancoe. Harvin in hurt. Berrian suck on his routes, drops passes. Go Alex.

He can get you points on the ground as well as the air.

Historically Arrowhead is one of the toughest places to go and win a football game - the crowd noise there is deafening. It's not to say we can't go in there and win, but it's going to have to be our defense to step up and get it done, because our offense is more likely to shoot itself in the foot again playing in such a hostile environment.
Yes it is crazy. Detroit is the worse passing defense that ever existed. I'd start Cody Pickett against them even if I had Peyton Manning going up against the 31st ranked defense. They're that bad.
No chance I'd start Alex in KC over Favre against the Lions.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
I wouldn't do it this week - if we had problems running an effective offense because Seattle was loud, wait 'til we face the 2-0 Chiefs in Arrowhead.

Seattle is known as the loudest stadium, but arent the Chiefs known to have the 2nd loudest stadium?
They are both turnover machines so this is a tough one to call. I think chiefs defense is better than Detroit, but the niners have better weapons than the Vikings.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Yes it is crazy. Detroit is the worse passing defense that ever existed. I'd start Cody Pickett against them even if I had Peyton Manning going up against the 31st ranked defense. They're that bad.

that's good way of making your point
Share 49ersWebzone