9. Pierre Garcon
10. Steelers DST
11. Matthew Stafford
12. Alex Smith
13. Santonio Holmes
14. Garrett Hartley
15. Greg Camarillo ------Super Sleeper now with Vikings

More on Stafford
Matthew Stafford continued his preseason tirade against the Browns. He finished 15-of-20 for 159 yards and a touchdown. He also had a 49-yard pass to Nate Burleson wiped out because of a Gosder Cherilus holding penalty. Those numbers were definitely indicative of his play, as Stafford showed off his elite arm strength and accuracy in front of the Detroit crowd. He even converted a 3rd-and-16 to Calvin Johnson, making it look very easy.Through three exhibition games, Stafford is now 36-of-49 for 350 yards, three touchdowns and an interception. He should be considered as a legitimate low-end QB1.
He still looks like John Elway's retarded son
Rate my team please.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'm betting my fantasy season on Stafford too. That's the chance you take when you wait on taking QB's.
How did you get those players, other than AP, so late?
roddy white in the 5th is a steal

ap, mendenhall and beanie wells is a ridiculous rb core. if stafford even does relatively decent u have a chance to win the league unless its a 6 team league
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
roddy white in the 5th is a steal

ap, mendenhall and beanie wells is a ridiculous rb core. if stafford even does relatively decent u have a chance to win the league unless its a 6 team league

I can't believe White was still there for you in the 5th. I understand going QB late, but taking a DST before you address QB? Still if Stafford turns out to be serviceable (big if imo) you're in real good shape. Your RB and WR corps are pretty sick. How many people in your league?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I have friends that play fantasy, I don't. It is my understanding most fantasy leagues don't dock you for negative stats? So if a Qb throws 3 tds and 5 ints, the 3 tds count and the 5 ints don't matter? What if a running back scores 2 tds, but loses 2 fumbles? If this was the case, Strafford would not be a bad pick, he probably would rack up lots of yards because he will be slinging the ball all over the place trying to come from behind, and all you care about is yards and tds, correct?
Originally posted by BobS:
I have friends that play fantasy, I don't. It is my understanding most fantasy leagues don't dock you for negative stats? So if a Qb throws 3 tds and 5 ints, the 3 tds count and the 5 ints don't matter? What if a running back scores 2 tds, but loses 2 fumbles? If this was the case, Strafford would not be a bad pick, he probably would rack up lots of yards because he will be slinging the ball all over the place trying to come from behind, and all you care about is yards and tds, correct?

Most leagues dock you 2 points for Int's and fumbles but not all of them do. Passing TD's are worth either 4 or 6 points pending on the league so if you got a guy who throws for alot of yards and TD's you can still be fine even if he's a turnover machine.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by BobS:

Most leagues dock you 2 points for Int's and fumbles but not all of them do. Passing TD's are worth either 4 or 6 points pending on the league so if you got a guy who throws for alot of yards and TD's you can still be fine even if he's a turnover machine.

Yeah scoring systems vary from league to league. I'm in the same league each year and every year there are suggestions/debates on how the scoring should be tweaked to be more reflective of who has the best personnel.
10 Man league.
1st 10 picks were

AP
CJ
GORE
Ray Rice
A. Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Brees
MJD
Turner
Benson

After all the Elite Qb's were gone I decided to wait. Hey people are counting on Vernon Davis and Crabtree to have big years. Smith has to deliver.
Roddy White was a steal the 1st pick in the 5th, these guys took Crabtree, Miles Austin, Greg Jennings and Vernon Davis before Roddy. Thank YOU!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I would be very afraid without a reliable QB, that's a major source of points. Stafford just isn't a starter IMO.

I'm not buying into that super sleeper vikings WR either. Favre looks like he's back to his old self(as in mr. interception), and the vikings honestly don't look that great so far.
Originally posted by Janitor:
I would be very afraid without a reliable QB, that's a major source of points. Stafford just isn't a starter IMO.

I'm not buying into that super sleeper vikings WR either. Favre looks like he's back to his old self(as in mr. interception), and the vikings honestly don't look that great so far.

I agree I am a little nervous about the situation but Cutler, Orton and Big Ben are still out there on waivers....I may have to drop Camarillo to get Big Ben but it will be worth it.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by Janitor:

I agree I am a little nervous about the situation but Cutler, Orton and Big Ben are still out there on waivers....I may have to drop Camarillo to get Big Ben but it will be worth it.

I would drop Camarillo to get Rapelisberger right now - in a 10 team league Camarillo is waiver wire fodder, just play matchups. I really like Stafford also he has top 10 potential. Roddy White, a top 5 WR in the fifth round is silly, these guys were dumb.
Share 49ersWebzone