LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Chris Johnson trade!

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lakers27:
Dont know why you guus are so low on arian foster, i think the dude is gonna go wild this year for my 1st pick i want a steady, reliable scorer and i feel like Rodgers will be steadier than CJ, mcnabb was just a throw in

I'm personally neither high nor low. Just think you could have gotten more is all. My projections say this trade will be at worst relatively even. With you having more upside to "winning" this trade.

Just think you could have gotten more personally.
Dont know why you guus are so low on arian foster, i think the dude is gonna go wild this year for my 1st pick i want a steady, reliable scorer and i feel like Rodgers will be steadier than CJ, mcnabb was just a throw in

lol
Originally posted by RonMexico:

lol

truer words have never been spoken
horrible HORRIBLE trade. you could've traded chris johnson and a bench player for both
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
If you're going to trade CJ for a QB, you should have a gotten a better running back than Foster very easily.

This is just a weird trade.
[ Edited by crzy on Aug 27, 2010 at 5:01 AM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by elguapo:
the rb on houston will probably not get you much....look at the point differentials week to week.....mcnabb will be closer to rogers every week than the hou rb will to CJ...THINK about that. I have won my league 2 out of the past 3 years using this logic, you should too.

That's why i asked for the scoring setup.

let's say it's 1pt/20 yards passing. 6pt/td
1pt/10 yards rushing/receiving.

Rodgers 4,500 yards passing, 30 td's...... 250 rushing, 4 td's = 454

McNabb, 3,200 yards passing, 20 td's...... 130 rushing 2 td's = 305

CJ lets give him his, 2,000 rushing, 14 td's.... 500 receiving, 2 td's = 346

Foster lets give him 600 rushing, 5 td's.... 200 receiving, 1 td's= 110

mcnabb and CJ = 649
Rodgers and Foster = 564

That's with CJ going bezerk again and Foster doing nothing. Also doesn't account for McNabb being hurt or throwing more int's than Rodgers.

edit: miscalculation at 1st.

Foster will have to be around 1,000 7 td's......... 400, 2 td's to make this trade fairly even. IF CJ goes off again. Which I doubt.

I can see CJ getting 1800 total yards and 13 total td's. Which all Foster would need is his measly 800 total yards and 6 td's to make this trade even.

EDIT #4ish: the hidden variable is the fact you likely wouldn't have started McNabb every week. I would hope. Thus, if you were playing the matchup game, hard to tell what the projections/value of this trade really is.

I agree with you, it depends on the scoring. If TD passes are worth 6 points and there's no PPR QB's can become alot more important than running backs.

I usually like to wait to rounds 7 or 8 to take a QB, but in my league this year I pretty much have to grab one of the elite 7 QB just to be competitive.
to answer the question on Arian Forster Houston is A PASSING TEAM that is why even if they give almost all the carries to him....which they wont b/c of slaton, they will pass so much the rb in that offense will not produce anything.....900 yards and 6 td
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
to answer the question on Arian Forster Houston is A PASSING TEAM that is why even if they give almost all the carries to him....which they wont b/c of slaton, they will pass so much the rb in that offense will not produce anything.....900 yards and 6 td

in 09 Houston was 20th in attempts per game. Less than 1 carry per game difference than the #14th ranked team. Yet 3.4 more attempts than Singletary's smash mouth team.

So....

As for Slaton, Foster's already ahead of him. Drafted a guy in Tate which rumors are he too was above him. So....
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Arian Foster has become massively overvalued.
Originally posted by crzy:

2 years ago Slaton put up 1,600 total yards and 10 TD's. I really think you're buying the potential of that offense more so than Foster himself.

• krizay
  • Veteran

That's debateable! He only got 4 games(3 really) of data to go by at the end of last season.

week 14 17 touches 88 yards
week 15 only 3 touches for 20 yards
week 16 19 touches 97 yards and 1 td
week 17 23 touches 145 yards and 2 td's

It seems that when given the oppurtunity like he will have this year as the starter the guy produces. Which is what Fantasy football is all about.
Trading
Chris Johnson and
McNabb

For

Aaron Rodgers

Arian Foster

If you still have solid RB depth you did fine here, Foster is going to be a high end RB2. The difference between Rodgers in McNabb is bigger than Foster/CJ.

Did you see him play vs. Dallas on Saturday? He will get 250 carries and can catch the ball well, too. He will be a top 20 RB.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by ninrzrule:

Did you see him play vs. Dallas on Saturday? He will get 250 carries and can catch the ball well, too. He will be a top 20 RB.

I remember when JTO looked amazing in preseason too
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by ninrzrule:

I remember when JTO looked amazing in preseason too

Only in comparision to Alex.

20-32 351 yards 2 TD, 2 picks 91.9 rating
Share 49ersWebzone