Chris Johnson and
McNabb

For

Aaron Rodgers

Arian Foster
Liar.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Liar.

Lol...how am i lying??? I just finished drafting and i got cj/mcnabb in the 1st and 8th and he got rodgers 5th pick and foster 5th rd. Who wins?
He wins
Originally posted by lakers27:
Liar.

Lol...how am i lying??? I just finished drafting and i got cj/mcnabb in the 1st and 8th and he got rodgers 5th pick and foster 5th rd. Who wins?

Depends who else you got at RB, did you really pick McNabb as your starter?

But if I'm trading CJ I better be getting a GREAT deal, I'm not high on Foster myself
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Liar.

Depends who else you got at RB, did you really pick McNabb as your starter?

But if I'm trading CJ I better be getting a GREAT deal, I'm not high on Foster myself

This. Don't get me wrong, I have a fantasy boner for Rodgers (have had him every year since he started), but that's a bad deal.
Horrible horrible trade
You could've trade CJ for Rodgers and another ELITE RB, easy. He's not the #1 overall consensus pick for nothing, man!
rodgers will be beasts
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Trading
Chris Johnson and
McNabb

For

Aaron Rodgers

Arian Foster

I think the trade will be realitively even in the end. I actually think you have potential to come ahead in this trade. HOWEVER, you could have gotten more for CJ.

Who intiated this trade?

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Trading
Chris Johnson and
McNabb

For

Aaron Rodgers

Arian Foster

I think the trade will be realitively even in the end. I actually think you have potential to come ahead in this trade. HOWEVER, you could have gotten more for CJ.

Who intiated this trade?

Also was the scoring setup like?

points per passing yard and TDs?
points per rushing?
the rb on houston will probably not get you much....look at the point differentials week to week.....mcnabb will be closer to rogers every week than the hou rb will to CJ...THINK about that. I have won my league 2 out of the past 3 years using this logic, you should too.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
the rb on houston will probably not get you much....look at the point differentials week to week.....mcnabb will be closer to rogers every week than the hou rb will to CJ...THINK about that. I have won my league 2 out of the past 3 years using this logic, you should too.

That's why i asked for the scoring setup.

let's say it's 1pt/20 yards passing. 6pt/td
1pt/10 yards rushing/receiving.

Rodgers 4,500 yards passing, 30 td's...... 250 rushing, 4 td's = 454

McNabb, 3,200 yards passing, 20 td's...... 130 rushing 2 td's = 305

CJ lets give him his, 2,000 rushing, 14 td's.... 500 receiving, 2 td's = 346

Foster lets give him 600 rushing, 5 td's.... 200 receiving, 1 td's= 110

mcnabb and CJ = 649
Rodgers and Foster = 564

That's with CJ going bezerk again and Foster doing nothing. Also doesn't account for McNabb being hurt or throwing more int's than Rodgers.

edit: miscalculation at 1st.

Foster will have to be around 1,000 7 td's......... 400, 2 td's to make this trade fairly even. IF CJ goes off again. Which I doubt.

I can see CJ getting 1800 total yards and 13 total td's. Which all Foster would need is his measly 800 total yards and 6 td's to make this trade even.

EDIT #4ish: the hidden variable is the fact you likely wouldn't have started McNabb every week. I would hope. Thus, if you were playing the matchup game, hard to tell what the projections/value of this trade really is.
[ Edited by krizay on Aug 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM ]
Dont know why you guus are so low on arian foster, i think the dude is gonna go wild this year for my 1st pick i want a steady, reliable scorer and i feel like Rodgers will be steadier than CJ, mcnabb was just a throw in
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by elguapo:

That's why i asked for the scoring setup.

let's say it's 1pt/20 yards passing. 6pt/td
1pt/10 yards rushing/receiving.

Rodgers 4,500 yards passing, 30 td's...... 250 rushing, 4 td's = 454

McNabb, 3,200 yards passing, 20 td's...... 130 rushing 2 td's = 305

CJ lets give him his, 2,000 rushing, 14 td's.... 500 receiving, 2 td's = 346

Foster lets give him 600 rushing, 5 td's.... 200 receiving, 1 td's= 110

mcnabb and CJ = 649
Rodgers and Foster = 564

That's with CJ going bezerk again and Foster doing nothing. Also doesn't account for McNabb being hurt or throwing more int's than Rodgers.

edit: miscalculation at 1st.

Foster will have to be around 1,000 7 td's......... 400, 2 td's to make this trade fairly even. IF CJ goes off again. Which I doubt.

I can see CJ getting 1800 total yards and 13 total td's. Which all Foster would need is his measly 800 total yards and 6 td's to make this trade even.

EDIT #4ish: the hidden variable is the fact you likely wouldn't have started McNabb every week. I would hope. Thus, if you were playing the matchup game, hard to tell what the projections/value of this trade really is.

Just to add to this

He likely isn't planning on starting Foster every week either. (I hope) So the real question isn't the difference between Rodgers and McNabb compared to the difference between CJ and Foster. But rather Rodgers to McNabb compared to CJ and the back that moves into his starting lineup. Which would have been or may have been (without knowing the full details of his roster) his #3 back.
Share 49ersWebzone