LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco

Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco

• Chief
  • Veteran
You only have one of these guys and he has to start for your fantasy team, who do you pick?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Neither

But Flacco is better
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
Neither

But Flacco is better

I think both have a chance to be top 10 QB's this year in fantasy points. If you have a solid team and can pick up either of these guys a little later I don't see why not?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Chief:
Neither

But Flacco is better

I think both have a chance to be top 10 QB's this year in fantasy points. If you have a solid team and can pick up either of these guys a little later I don't see why not?

I think the QB tiers are

Tier 1: Brees, Rodgers, Manning
Tier 2: Brady, Romo, Schuab
Tier 3: healthy Favre, Rivers (would be in Tier 2 if VJax situation is resolved)
Tier 4: Eli, Kolb, Cutler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 5: McNabb, Flacco, C.Palmer
Tier 6: Roethlisberger, M.Ryan, Henne
Tier 7: Stafford, V.Young, A.Smith, D.Garrard, M.Cassel
Tier 8: D.Garrard, J.Campbell, K.Orton, M.Sanchez, M.Moore

Everything after Kolb and Cutler is shaky as a starting QB in a 12 team league.
[ Edited by crzy on Aug 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM ]
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
I think both Ryan and Flacco have the WR's to be solid, Top 10 QB's. They also have sound running games to keep them from throwing alot. I like Flacco a little more mostly based off of last year.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I think the QB tiers are

Tier 3: Rivers, Ryan, Flacco
Tier 4: Eli Manning, Kolb, Cutler, Favre, McNabb, C.Palmer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 5: Roethlisberger, A. Smith, Cassel, Henne, Hasselbeck

Everyone else, meh.
Flacco is supposed to have a breakout year. Every fantasy expert on earth is jizzing over his value this yr.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Neither

But Flacco is better

I think the QB tiers are

Tier 3: healthy Favre, Rivers (would be in Tier 2 if VJax situation is resolved)

I would not put Cutler and Kolb anywhere near Tier 4. And Favre is tier 4 at best.

Flacco is low 3rd high 4th tier to me. He's performed excellently with no offensive weapons, now he has a huge receiving core and a well established RB. Watch for the Ravens to go a long way this year.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Neither

But Flacco is better

I think the QB tiers are

I would not put Cutler and Kolb anywhere near Tier 4. And Favre is tier 4 at best.

Flacco is low 3rd high 4th tier to me. He's performed excellently with no offensive weapons, now he has a huge receiving core and a well established RB. Watch for the Ravens to go a long way this year.

Yea I just haven't seen enough of Kolb to rate him though he's in a passy happy offense. Cutler will put up yards due to Martz's system but his int's could actually go up. He's gonna get sacked more, causing more fumbles aswell. Farve's wr core just took a major hit. But based off last year I would have to elevate him above a tier 4 qb.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Neither

But Flacco is better

I think the QB tiers are

Yea I just haven't seen enough of Kolb to rate him though he's in a passy happy offense. Cutler will put up yards due to Martz's system but his int's could actually go up. He's gonna get sacked more, causing more fumbles aswell. Farve's wr core just took a major hit. But based off last year I would have to elevate him above a tier 4 qb.

Tier 4 and 5 are both border line and could go either way, a good season or a bad season.

I think the QB tiers are

Everyone else, meh.

I think the QB tiers are

Everyone else, meh.

Not bad but I'd put Flacco in Tier 4, and Roethlisberger is tier 2 or 3. Also, McNabb is Tier 3
Originally posted by jones49:
I think the QB tiers are

Everyone else, meh.

Not bad but I'd put Flacco in Tier 4, and Roethlisberger is tier 2 or 3. Also, McNabb is Tier 3

I'd also add Brady in tier 1. 2nd year back from major injury, Contract year for Moss & Brady + a healthy Wes Welker back.
Here I will do you guys a solid and give you some QB tiers - Flacco has a little bit more upside and a nice fantasy playoffs schedule than Matt Ryan, IMO.

Keep in mind I like to go upside when taking guys, some people prefer steady production which might change these somewhat.

Tier 1: Rodgers, Brees, Manning
Tier 2: Romo, Brady, Schaub
Tier 3: Cutler, Rivers, Kolb, Flacco, Manning
Tier 4: Favre, Ryan, Stafford, McNabb, Henne
Tier 5: Palmer, Roethlisberger, Vince Young, Alex Smith
I think the QB tiers are

Everyone else, meh.

i disagree with rapistberger. he might be a tier 2 in any other year, but not this one. you have to have atleast 1 other QB for the first half of the season. he is one i am going to try and steal in round 1 or 2 of my auction draft(keeper).
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
I think the QB tiers are

Everyone else, meh.

i disagree with rapistberger. he might be a tier 2 in any other year, but not this one. you have to have atleast 1 other QB for the first half of the season. he is one i am going to try and steal in round 1 or 2 of my auction draft(keeper).

After watching Kolb, I would like to edit my list and drop him to tier 5.
Share 49ersWebzone